Charity shops & plans for payday

23.6.09

I ventured into town on my lunchbreak yesterday and fancied a change from the obligatory stroll round Superdrug/Boots/River Island/Topshop/Primarni.. etc. So I headed to the PDSA charity shop to have a gander.

I haven't been charity shop shopping since I was about 16 and it was soo much fun! It was only a small shop but they had some really nice things. I spotted 3 Sophie Kinsella books from the Shopaholic series which I have wanted for a while and at £1 per book I had to get all 3!


Then I spotted the trinket section and found so much cool stuff. I ended up buying this cool little house (the lid comes off so I can put little things in it. What little things you ask? I don't know).


I thought it was sweet and only 50p.

The best bit was the little old ladies who worked there! They were so sweet.

I am loving Accessorize jewellery at the moment. My latest buys from there are these 2 bracelets (I especially love the Fatima's hand one) and this butterfly necklace which I love but haven't worn yet.
At the moment they have loads of nice necklaces with little charms on, like the eiffel tower and little tea cups.

Roll on payday on Thursday. I'm going to buy these delightful little earrings:

V xxx

(photos courtesy of www.accessorize.co.uk)

27 comments:

  1. I love the shopaholic series! I have them all. Great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shopaholic series. i have ties the knot and goes abroad! so lucky to find them for so cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, Love those bow earrings, got to get me a pair of them! Thank you for becoming my 50th follower :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gahh accessorize makes me wish i lived in the uk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little buys! I love them books, what a bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE ACCESSORIZE! By far the best place to buy jewellery! Those earrings are so cute, I'm going to be a copy cat and get them haha! Thanks for sharing lovely! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been eyeing up that butterfly necklace for a while now - I just love Accessorize!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the anchor charm bracelet, it's so cute! The Fatima's hand (or Khamsa, as it's otherwise known) is cute as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely finds :) i've got thsoe shopaholic books and they're really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for cheap books! Enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Rin - I can't wait to get started reading them! x

    @superficialgirl - yeah they were a good bargain I thought! x

    @rachel - they are £5 which is cheap as chips so go grab a pair!

    @xLRH - oww that's a shame you don't have it there. I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. @cbethglitter - Yeh a quid each is great I thought! Very pleased. x

    @ella - everyone seems to love them! They're so pretty. x

    @adele - lovely name! It's my sisters name too :) x

    @lipstickrules123 - thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. @lamiats - the fatima's hand is my current fave, it's so dinky n cute. x

    @suzannah - I'm looking forward to reading them. x

    @elise - I will do! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely LOVE that first bracelet! I very nearly picked it up last week while i was shopping but decided to be good! Wish i'd just bought it now :( xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. @hazeleyes - go back and get it :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for your comment, and that neckalce watch you linked to is so gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. make sure you link me to your post (by email preferably) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. @suzannah - it's gorgeous isn't it! I want it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. @catsobsessions - okie dokie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. adoable!
    lol, my tweezers are from thats bizzarre and im PRETTY sure they have a very cool website if you wanna google it:)x

    ReplyDelete
  21. @lottie - thanks SO much :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh I went charity shopping eysterday, didnt get anything though. I love the shopholic books, you wil enjoy them because she is like us lot lol :)

    How much were those accessorize bracelets? I cant wait to get in there on payday this fri!xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. @girlwiththegoldentouch - if I remember correctly they were about £6 each. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful earrings! I love delicate jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  25. @smiley13tree - me too, and they look so nice on. i wore them today :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. ohh i love sophie kinsella !!
    lol
    i followed u btw,nice blog !
    hehe
    and u r so pretty !:P

    ReplyDelete