It's Britney b*tch!

13.6.09

Me and my boyfriend headed down to London the week before last for the opening night of Britney's tour at the O2 arena. I'm not a huge Britney fan but I appreciate cheesey music as much as the next person and with my bf's Mum offering to buy us tickets (her treat) I was there with bells on!

The intro from Perez Hilton was pretty ace but slightly freaky (at one point he's chewing on a baby's head on a stick..wtf!). Then down she came!


Our seats were really good and she was gooood... but she didn't sing live (which we assumed anyway), her dancing was kinda sluggish (I reckon I could have done it with a bit of practice.. I have been known to throw similar shapes in the past) and she only spoke to the audience TWICE the whole show. And when people are paying £50 a ticket that's pretty lame.




But.. we had a good time all the same and spent 2 days in London seeing the sights, shopping and coaxing myself onto the tube - it made me soo sick! :( I could NOT do that every day.

And this is me:
(LOL!)

(Outside the British Museum with random pretty shrubbery in the background. Wearing my fave Dior sunglasses and Topshop 'Garden Rose' oversized top - one of my current faves).

And lastly me being a total geek:

(In my latest Uggs (tall, metallic bronze) and current fave Victoria's Secret Pink hoodie).

Did anyone else see Britney at the O2 arena?

Love,

V xxx

17 comments:

  1. love the flowery top x

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had fun V! =) you look really pretty.

    haven't seen Britney perform live yet, but then again, i don't think she's ever had a show here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww :)Hope you enjoyed London, despite the tubes; I know what you mean but I love the hustle and bustle. Actually take that back.. I don't much like the smell or the heat. teehee :)
    I love the pic of you on platform 9 /4 :) I'm geeky like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jen - thanks hun. I was a bit knackered that day and it was hot (well, hot for the UK anyway) so I was hiding behind my trusty sunnies!

    You're not missing too much with Britney. It was good seeing someone so famous in real life, but I thought she would be better
    :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @pinklemonade - the heat on the tubes is unreal. I was gasping for air most of the time! haha. Imagine if I had to do it every day for work, I'd be a nervous wreck!

    I had to queue with a bunch of tourists from the USA to get that photo taken. My boyfriend was a bit like errmmm. lol.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to go see Britney live but was a bit put off because she lip sync's, but from the pics it looks like she put on a fab show!

    I went to see Girls Aloud and they were amazing, I should do a post.

    I get what you mean about the tubes, I feel like I'm standing in a box of germs everytime I'm on one, the hand sanitiser has to come out as soon as I get off!

    Did you enjoy London though? Do any shopping?

    Ella xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ella - It was an amazing show. Every single set and outfit was fab! It would have been nice if she'd spoken to the crowd a bit more though. We can watch her mime on tv for free! lol.

    The tube aside, I loved London. I was a proper tourist with my camera round my neck, haha. Took loads of photos, need to put em all on facebook!

    We went to Harrods and I bought some souvenir stuff for my mum and dad. Didn't manage to do any other shopping apart from that which is pretty cr*p! :(

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw Britney a few weeks ago. I was sat right at the top though, so I couldn't REALLY see her dancing :(
    I was really sad that they didn't hve any big screens, maybe it's so the people at the back couldn't see how rubbish she was?
    I did love it though, very over the top.
    I was really freaked out by the Perez-eating baby head thing.
    SHE HAS CHILDREN?! I though it was very weird
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @MissDollyGal - at the end I sort of felt a bit cheated..and I didn't even pay for my ticket! She hardly spoke to the audience which is bad!
    But I enjoyed all the outfits and her backing dancers were amazing. Also, how cool were the Big Apple Circus! They were awesome.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness i have to go to that place with the trolley! nuts! ahhh. definitely making my way there one day, love it. haha.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @brooke - It's at Kings Cross train station in London. I dragged my boyfriend there coz I really wanted my picture taken :) I'm a huuge Harry Potter fan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my god that 9 3/4 is SO cool - I really want to do it!!! I love HP.

    I really wanted to get tickets for Britney. Looks like you had a good time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. @girlwiththegoldentouch - Yeah it is pretty cool isn't it! I love HP too so when I was in London I HAD to find this.

    Britney was good.. she could have talked to the crowd more and maybe sung a few more songs live but it was a good show anyway.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your sunglasses!

    thanks for coming by my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went to see her in Manchester and I loved it. I had been waiting 10 years to finally see her and when I first saw her coming down, I just burst into tears haha.

    xx

    ReplyDelete