Beauty buys of the week - part 2.. Lush 'Lemony Flutter'

5.8.09


When I asked for some cuticle oil/butter recommendations on Twitter, 'Lemony Flutter' by Lush made the most appearances! So, off I went to Lush in Leeds to grab this little beauty and also have a nosy round the newly refurbished shop (which looks great!)

Firstly, there is a lot of product for the price. A little bit goes a long long way so it will last me ages.

I have been applying this like crazy. I can't get enough of the stuff! After a week of applying this to my cuticles, nails and hands several times a day there has been a noticeable improvement in the appearance of my cuticles. They were dry and slightly tatty looking before, not any more! No more tatty bits!

I recommend this if you're looking for a cuticle butter. It's a really cheap product that has worked for me in a short space of time. I will continue to use it daily, and I have started to use it on my toes too!

I personally love the smell. My boyfriend hates it. It gives him a headache apparently! So that is something to bear in mind. It is a very strong smell, very strong indeed, but I prefer that to something odourless.

I would give this 4.5 out of 5. It loses half a mark for making my boyfriend feel queasy! :)

18 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this product :) Lemony Flutter is one of my favourite ever Lush products!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the smell but it can get too much sometimes!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried a cuticle butter, but this has got me thinking that maybe I should!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this a while ago, I found it in my mums room all dried up and out of date :@

    www.peluxe100.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate lemon smells(I assume that's what it smells of) do they do anymore cuticle creams?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read very positive reviews about this one and some people recommend it also for dry feet. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that too, I quite like the smell too! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. @susan - it is one of my favourites now too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @hele - yeah it is certainly very strong. but most lush products are quite strong aren't they. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @cat - it is quite cheap so if you wanted to give this one a go it's not too pricey! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @phoebe - oh noo! that's a shame. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. @missdollygal - yep really strong lemon! i'm not sure if they do any others :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. @catanya - it is also recommended for toes, elbows and knees so it's quite a handy product. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. @aisling - i apply it just to sniff it lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just bought this the other day and I love it! I know what you mean about the smell, I quite like it but my Dad thinks it smells awful! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ellie - haha, aw poor dad! my boyfriend hates it too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've sniffed it in the shop before and I quite like the smell if I remember correctly! A lot of Lush products do give me a headache though! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. @lil - they do tend to be strong don't they! :S xx

    ReplyDelete