The Body Shop event

21.8.09

I know blogger is full of posts about The Body Shop event but I have to get a quick post in there too :)

Here is my outfit! Miss Selfridge blazer, Topshop vest, Topshop jeans, Alexander McQueen scarf, and Uggs. And jewellery wise I wore a rose ring which I think is from Accessorize, a variety of bangles and my Juicy Couture watch.

Me, Kelly and Carla were up bright n early to get the train from Leeds to London. Our train was late so once we got off the train it was all a bit hectic trying to find other people and a loo!

The event was fab! The venue, Sketch, was amazing and all the effort that had gone into the decoration, food and drink was brill. A big "thanks" to The Body Shop people and to Natalie for inviting me! You can check out Natalie's photos from the event here.

Hearing about the new products and the makeup was really interesting and I loved hearing how they developed the new perfume.

It was great to chat to people that I knew from the blogging world but I was so so nervous and it was all very overwhelming. Hopefully the next event won't be so daunting for me! :)

We all got a lovely goodie bag full of stuff and I was especially pleased to receive the perfume (which is lovely) and the hand cream! I will blog about the products over the next few weeks, but if there's anything you like the look of please let me know and I will do that first. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the 11 lipsticks!


A special thanks to Kelly and Carla for the funniest train journey home. I think the business men sat around us were a bit confused at us producing bags of 'loot' and talking about you-tube, bloggy stuff and having a Zac Efron/Robert Pattinson debate!

25 comments:

  1. You looked gorgeous yest! & have started my Alexander McQueen scarf obsession again, must get one!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!! That was without a doubt the funniest and best train journey ever! I was so tired I thought I would drop asleep but as soon as we started talking I was wide awake!!

    Thanks for helping make a great day - I def wouldn't have gone without you two going with me!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post hunni. Wish I'd spoke to you. Maybe next time
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit and that that thing about the clueless men on the train is so funny!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeeee sounds so good!! wish i had ben invited!! :( boo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The goodie bag looks immense!! 11 lipsticks!? Can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is great to read all your experiences at the TBS event!!
    What an amazing goodie bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Post!! LOL at the train journey you missed the bit where we were conned into buying sandwiches for a quid :D What a brilliant day! Love You Loads xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. you looked gorgeous! jelous of your goodiebag! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look divine! Your ensemble - from top to bottom - is spot on. I so want to recreate it myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the outfit hun! You got some great goodies!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You looked fab!!! Im so jealous of the amount of goodies you recieved!! Lucky girl :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look fab! Sounds like you had a laugh, and what a wicked goodie bag!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, I wish I'd got the train back with you girls! Sounds amusing!

    And I'd always go for Robert Pattinson- I do love Zac but Rob definately wins!

    Was ace meeting you my love- you're gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zac Efron over RobP anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww wish I didn't have to get off to go home, I would have enjoyed the totty debate very much lol such a good day twas :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've loved reading all the event posts, even if I wasn't there! I've been to Sketch before and it's amazing in there. Loving your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You looked amazing Victoria :) Really glam and pulled together, I wish I had your style :) Was fab to meet you, really enjoyed your company xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It really seems you all had a great time there! I wish I could meet some of you too:)
    xx from madrid!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @peachykeencheeks - thank you! i reeally want another :) xx

    @carla - haha, what a day! look forward to seeing you soon my dear! xx

    @legseleven - yeah same to you, i will say hello next time! xx

    @clemmie - haha, it was brill. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. @cat - maybe see u at an event in the future! xx

    @lil - i know.. 11! gave some to my mum :) xx

    @catanya - i hope people aren't getting too bored with them all! xx

    @kelly - ah yes, those persuasive train men! yummy sarnie though! haha. love ya! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. @caz - thank you :) xx

    @cafe fashionista - thanks, what a lovely comment! xx

    @cocobella - thank you. and yes, we got a great goodie bag! xx

    @lorien beautylove - i felt soo lucky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. @lolly - thank you! it was really good, especially the train journeys :) xx

    @daisy - so are you! and i am so torn between rob and zac. i literally can't choose!! xx

    @phoebe - hehe. it's a tough choice for me! xx

    @nicola - you should have come back to leeds with us! haha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. @nikki - i would love to go back there, it was such a great venue. xx

    @laura - thanks so much and it was lovely to meet you too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. @beautifulnemo - it was a good day! xx

    ReplyDelete