Lee Stafford: Matt Fat powder

25.9.09

I am always on the look out for hair products that I haven't tried before. When I saw Hele produce a little pink pot from her handbag recently I was intrigued and it turned out it was this! Lee Stafford's Matt Fat powder.

It was £8.99 which seems quite a lot for this tiny little pot but I really wanted to try it. I must also point out that when I got home I realised it was only half full, so I went back to Boots to swap it but it turns out the other 10 on the shelf were all the same! It is meant to be half full! Quite disappointing.

It is a powder designed to give more volume to the root and can also absorb excess oil too. All you have to do is shake a little bit of powder into your roots, salt shaker style, and use your fingers to create the desired effect.

The first time I used this, I used a lot. And when I touched my roots I nearly died. It felt reeeeally dry! When I tried to achieve some volume I ended up with a birds nest at the top and sleek hair the rest of the way. I don't think that look is going to catch on :)

Since then I have got used to how much I need and how to get the desired effect. This product is great for giving me a little bit of lift at the root, as I don't like to have too much volume.

I have yet to find a dry shampoo that I like so this product will also be good for when my roots feel a tad greasy.

Have you tried this or anything similar?

xxx

17 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you have full lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @buttonsoph - oh don't be jealous! sometimes in bright lippy i feel like a bit of a clown! :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha love the pic! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried it before, never even heard of it!! But I don't think I want to try something that's only half full, seems a bit of a rip off even if that's how it's meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would try it.. just to see.. lol.. just because im an addict :P
    You look fab as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, that pic is so cute! I a sucker for lee stafford products (they smell gorgeous) so I may seek this out on my next boots trip! I have a review planned for the shine spray and dehumidifier they're both fab too!
    xxx
    p.s thankyou for the airy fairy ebay link! i'm definately bagging that one!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh this stuff looks goood!!!
    P.S. What lippy are you wearing, love the colour!! You look stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh that sounds very interesting! my hair always need abit of volume at the roots. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. @aphrodite - thank you :) xx

    @tali - haha i'm the same. i want to try everything! xx

    @daisybee - i'm glad you are getting the lippy. ebay is great for tracking things down. xx

    @sarah - i just left you a comment showing you the lipstick i used. xx

    @claire eloise - give it a go, especially if you just want a little bit of lift. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always use Tropical Batiste, best Dry Shampoo which i've used, and i've tried a lot!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. @sadie - i have tried Batiste and i hated it :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. @hele - i had to get it after seeing your little pot! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to try this product, does it last a long time?x

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jodieee - yes it does - I still have loads left now and I've had it a while x

    ReplyDelete