Birthday look: bright pink lips in the style of Rihanna

31.1.10

It is my Mum's birthday today, my birthday this Wednesday and the bf's birthday on the 9th so on Friday night we went out for a birthday meal with my Dad, Sister and her boyfriend in tow. I wanted to wear my favourite lipstick (The Body Shop's Neon Pink) so I just went for simple liquid eyeliner on my eyes with a slight flick. A few years ago this was literally the eye makeup I would wear every single day so it was nice to try it out again. I'm much neater at it now I must say! I used to always use Mac's Fluidline with a Mac brush which was quite tricky and took ages but now I've got a Maybelline liquid eyeliner pen (kind of like a felt tip) which was given to me at the Maybelline event last year and it makes it super easy to do!


Rihanna looks stunning here - her skin is flawless!! Believe it or not I used to have short hair like this (maybe not as short at the sides, but not far off!) It reminds me how crazily fast my hair grows!

Anyway, we had a lovely meal out. We went to a Mexican restaurant in Leeds (Chapel Allerton for all you local peeps!) and I ate so much. I shared some nachos to start, followed by chicken enchiladas then for pudding I had churros and caramel sauce with a hot chocolate. By the time I got home I was ready to burst! Plus I had 2 beers. I don't even want to think about the calories I consumed, but hey it's my birthday after all! :)

Here are the products I used to create my look:

♥ Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Ivory Beige
♥ Barbie for New Look concealer pen
♥ Shu Uemera eyelash curlers
♥ Maybelline Line Definer liquid eyeliner in Black
♥ Loreal Double Extension serum mascara in Black
♥ Nars 'Laguna' bronzer with an E.l.f brush
♥ Benefit Brow-zings kit in 'medium'
♥ The Body Shop lipstick in 'Neon Pink'


I love this lipstick! It's so bright without being too overpowering, and it's really moisturising. What's your favourite lipstick?

Rihanna photo courtesy of a google image search

40 comments:

  1. Your skin looks so glowy & flawless. I tres jealous :) Also, that lippy looks fab on you. Really compliments your skin tone. SUPER PRETTY missus xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you look so radiant here! Stunning. It has made me want to get Nars Laguna even more now.
    I totally love Rhianna's look in that photo.
    That Body Shop lipstick looks nice.
    My fav bright lipstick is probably Show Orchid, which i love to wear on nights out with simple black flicks on the eyes. :)
    xx Happy birthday to your mummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous victoria! I'm loving bright lips at the minute too, MAC Pink Nouveau is a fav for bright pink lips =) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! Your skin always looks so glowy, tres jealous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendations guys :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, your skin is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great look, that lipstick is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday :) You look lovely, skin is flawless! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this make-up look on you- really fresh and glowing and I adore that lipstick!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous! Lovely lady. Salsa Mexicana? LOVE that place! Yum yum yum. Happy Birthday to... your entire family, it would seem! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday - you look gorgeous :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always look soo pretty.

    I love your headband its cute!

    Lots of love,
    Katie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look beautiful! Your skin looks amazing too, really radiant xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the lipstick - and your headband! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look lovely, you have such nice teeth :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I really love the liner on you, you should wear it more often :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have just about managed to master Loreal's liquid eyeliner, you're looks great. =]

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your skin looks so good, jealous ;)
    I love pink lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this look, you have gorgeous smooth and radiant skin. Happy birthday for Wed x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that lipstick colour, it suits you soo well :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! You look amazing. You're a great advert for the EL foundation and the body shop lippy... you make them look fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. you look great :)

    We have the same eye color, and I always hate my eyes, but everytime I look at your blog and see pictures of you it makes me like them, because they look so great on you! If that makes any sense... at all. Haha :)

    xo Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  23. @caitlin - brown eyes rule!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this look, you are so lucky to suit the bright shade of lippie.
    And I love that headband more everytime you wear it.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  25. you look soo cute!
    i llove it girl!
    you work that pink lip! :)
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look really pretty! Your skin is flawless and I love your headband! XO

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been linking a few sites and came across yours by chance, decided to check it out to see your pugs.

    Is it weird for a guy coming out of nowhere intending to say something about your dogs to leave a comment about a cosmetics post instead? Maybe, but what the hell.
    You look great Victoria. There, I said it. :)

    Have a great Sunday (or what's left of it since you're in the UK).

    Oh yeah, the pugs are awesome. Loved the Doggie Montage!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's such a pretty colour and it works so well on you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I wish I were brave enough to rock bright lips, you look incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i love that image of rihanna - for her makeup!

    you look stunning! love the lipstick! btw, where did you get your headpiece? i love that! tulle is my love. x.

    http://the-new-outlet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. You look so pretty here! I love the bronzer you have on, it looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  32. you may be the reason i purchase that estee lauder foundation. your face, as everyone has mentioned, looks flawless :)

    the lip is gorgeous on you as well xox

    ReplyDelete
  33. It looks beautiful on you! I love bright pinks! Happy birthday to you on wed and happy birthday to your mum today!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your complexion is always flawless...and I'm still in awe at your pearly whites. I love how brave you are with lipstick colour, you can really pull off any shade! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the lipstick! The colour is perfect on you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  36. I prefer the look on you!! It works better with your skin tone. Speaking of skin.. er helloooo!! Your skin looks great and flawless.. love it!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorge post hun! U look amazing!!!!! Hope you all had a fabulous time :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. there are no words to describe how amazing your skin looks. holy. gorgeous, you pulled off this look perfectly.

    ReplyDelete