Film review: Avatar (3D)

7.1.10

I have no words for this film except "please go and watch it!" In 3D if possible!

Admittedly, I didn't know anything about the film before going to see it and to be honest I did drag my feet a little. I didn't think it would be my kinda film. Boy was I wrong! The first half an hour of the film sets the scene and gives you a bit of background to the story and it plods along nicely. The central character is a nice bit of eye candy too ladies ;) Then, oh my word, I was on the edge of my seat for the remainder of the film.

The special effects are out of this world! I have no idea how they created half of it - it's simply stunning and I urge you to go see it. I saw the 3D version and I can imagine that it won't be as visually stunning in 2D but that's just me speculating.

My favourite character was Neytiri played by Zoe Saldana - I thought she was brilliant. You may have seen her in the recent Star Trek movie or Vantage Point.

I won't say anymore or give away the plot but if you do go and see it (especially if it's based on my recommendation) please do let me know what you think! I haven't heard a single bad comment from anyone who has seen it so far :) I might even go again!


18 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it now, going tomorrow night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The neat thing is that James Cameron actually wrote the film to be produced right after Titanic, but he decided to wait so that the special effects technology would have time to catch up his vision for the film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't that fussed about seeing it (Chris was so excited which is why I went)but I'm so glad I did too- it really is stunning!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I loved it too! Seeing it in 3D really does make the CGI effects more amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched it in 3D and LOVED it!!!! Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i felt the same way..im going to have to go now though after youve said this..x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I saw it in 3D, the effects made the scenery so beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive got tickets to go see this at the imax saturday night, i really didnt think it would be my thing, but i think you may have won me over! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I loved this movie! It is definately one for the history books! AMAZING! I saw it in 3D 2! It wouldnt be worth it otherwise!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo want to watch it ! Watched Terminator Salvation last week, and now I have a really MASSIVE crush on Sam Worthington !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this the other week and was mesmerised by it. The 3D effects are breathtaking and I couldn't stop staring, wide eyed, at the planet of Pandora!

    Utterly brilliant. I want to see it again now!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adored it too! Amazing film. So stunning in 3D. Love it.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's sooo good! I've seen it twice in 3D and not, and I think I liked it better NOT in 3D.

    Anyway, my fav is Sam Worthington, aka Jake Sully. He is so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i fell in love with it too!
    i wasn't expecting to like it but came out of the cinema so happy! it's a feelgood movie and i would see it over and over again x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh I thought this was a 'boys film' but if you say it's good I'll give it a go!

    http://emeraldgreen88.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, so visually stimulating!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw it in 3D when it first came out, and loved it!
    It wasnt until I was reading The Boobs (a blog) that she was going on about how its exactly the same as Pochahontus! LOL it so is!
    But whatever, Its still a great movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved this film! Going to see it in IMAX next week too!
    It is now officially one of my favourite films
    xx

    ReplyDelete