New Years Resolutions - update!

15.1.10

Hi everyone - remember I made some resolutions for 2010? I'm here with a quick update on how I'm getting on! I have no intention of forgetting about my resolutions this year! Let me know what you want to achieve this year.

♥ Learn a new skill or take up a new hobby - I bought week 1 of The Art of Crochet because it's a new skill AND a new hobby which would tick off my first resolution. Things didn't work out so well. I think I threw the wool and threading tool across the room at one point. Back to the drawing board for this one perhaps! Or I might give it another whirl.


♥ Grow more confidence - I already feel like I have a little more confidence than in 2009. I would never have recorded a video for You Tube last year but in the past week I have recorded two! Sometimes you just need to get out of your comfort zone and go for it. Working on my confidence will be ongoing for 2010.

♥ Eat a little less and move around a little more - I'm definitely on the right track with this one. I'm taking part in Cat's weight loss challenge and since Monday I have had breakfast every single morning, a healthy lunch and a tea always including veg. I have cut down on snacking inbetween and today I plan to do one of my workout DVDs. On Monday I'll weigh myself and I really hope I've lost some weight, even if it's just 1lb.

♥ Learn to cook - I have successfully made a Sweetcorn and Red Pepper soup from scratch (with no recipe!) which was delicious and healthy, and I also made a blue cheese dressing from scratch to go on a chicken salad. I will continue to cook and try new things in the kitchen! :)


22 comments:

  1. I so wanted that crochet magazine but my whsmiths had ran out!!! :(

    Dont give up though, its so much fun once you get the hang of it- i just blogged about a headband i made :)

    If you are finding the written instructions tricky to get the hang off, try watching some videos on youtube because thats mainly how i taught myself. Trying to do the same with knitting atm too but finding that a bit more tricky! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you should do some receipe posts, those meals look so yum :)! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your do much better than me! I've broken all but one of my resolutions oops :( Good luck with all or yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done!! Your doing great! I loved your video so im glad your doing more it showed how lovely you were! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Sometimes you just need to get out of your comfort zone and go for it" that's a good advice, I'll try to follow it :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. mhm those look delicious *drooling*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soup sounds goooood! Well done you on the healthy stuff. Love the NY Resolutions update concept - makes you think if you've stuck to them or not! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay well done with the resolutions! i still havn't made mine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're doing great. Be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh yum yum on the meals! Also, for the crochet, don't be disheartened. Try to join a crochet/knitting group or go to a dedicated store that sells yarn. Both of these places have like "stitch and bitch" groups where you can get together and learn knitting/crocheting from others. I think having a real person teach you might be far better than learning from a book. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! Good job! I haven't had a chance to turn any of my resolutions into reality.. Quite yet!

    Good luck with crocket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weigh yourself in the morning! At least that's what I do because you're skinniest in the morning. (: Even just eating or drinking and putting clothes on will swing your weight around more than 1 lb, so if on Monday you weigh yourself in the morning you're sure to have good results. n_n

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that you gave crochet a go! Man, it's SOOOOO hard. I gave up too - don't feel bad! Why not try knitting or sewing? MUCH easier. :)

    Well done on your healthiness, too. I'm failing miserably on this front, but I purposely avoid making any NYR around this subject because I know I'll fail!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done - your doing well. Mine are not happening!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with the crochet :) Need to let us know how you get on! You seem like youre doing really well with your resolutions already, good on ya girl ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree! Cooking posts! That would be awesome! Your meals look fabulous! Good luck with your health and well being! That was one of my resolutions too! ;) Nice post xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're doing excellent!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. they are good resoultions!! how bout knittnig as a hobby? u cld make ur self some funky scarves and headbands.. my new yr res is to exercise more so im doing pilates every other day and walking ever other day. Also to be less stressed as i suffer from panic attacks alot so on monday im being hyponotised to help me!! mad!!
    magpie-girl.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done on keeping up the resolutions, most people have forgotton theirs! I've emailed you about the Aussie event xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. That red pepper and corn soup looks super tasty! I support the idea of you doing recipe posts :D

    I bought a similar magazine last year to start knitting.. yeah that never happened did it hahaha

    Best of luck with your body transformation, even if it doesn't show on the scales the good diet and exercise will show on your health

    xxx
    Miss Neesh

    ReplyDelete