Soap & Glory hat box - part 1 (the bad)

20.1.10

I love Soap & Glory - the products tend to smell amazing, last for quite a while and be really good quality. As you know I purchased the hat box when it was on special offer for £20 (it was originally £50) and it has been great having so many products to try out - some are old favourites and some are new to me.


Unfortunately one product I tried didn't really work for me from the word 'go' and that product is Hair Supply. Hair Supply is a mask designed to be used after shampoo-ing and it advises you to leave it on for 3 - 4 minutes for an intensive treatment - which is exactly what I did.

It left my hair feeling unmanageable, hard to comb and a little on the dry side. I can only speak for myself but I personally have coloured hair which needs lots of moisture and when I use an 'intensive' treatment I need it to leave my locks feeling silky and manageable.

Such a shame! Top marks for the smell and the retro packaging but this is one Soap & Glory product I would not use again.

15 comments:

  1. I have this box too, and agree with everything you've said. I adore most of the products, especially in love with the butter up deluxe body smoothing cream...but hair supply should be renamed hair disaster. It left my roots really greasy, and the rest of my highlighted hair quite straw-like which is really unusual for my hair. I usually only wash my hair every three or four days, but had to wash it the next day after using hair supply because my hair just felt awful!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had the same effect on me. I had to wash it again, just to be able to comb it through afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. completely agree
    i got out of the bath, brushed my hair and it felt like i had forgot to wash the conditioner out
    so i tried it again about a week later and the same thing happened
    haven't used it since
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used this product out of the hatbox yet....but now I am quite concerned with what everyone has said!
    Not everything can be brilliant but I think the rest of the hatbox makes up for it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lovee this box!!!! It looks amazing do you know if they still have them in boots? I will try to hunt one this Friday:) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen a few people complain about this product. Thanks for letting us know, i've made a mental note not to buy it! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking at this hair treatment, but I have coloured hair too, and after this review I don't think I'll be buying it... Good review, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bargain! Love Soap and Glory :) Thanks for the review. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a Soap & Glory gift set for Christmas that came with the hair supply but I have yet to try it out, I'm a bit wary of doing so now. :\ Though my sister said it was quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried this out on Sunday and I've got to say - it's definitely not designed for fine hair! Mine is STILL a bit flat after using this product - I think I need to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the residue.

    I love everything else, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked the hair mask- although I only use them on the ends of my hair so that they don't get greasy!

    Wish I'd managed to get a hat box! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh, I loathed the hair mask. I binned it after one use!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had exactly the same problem with hair supply, definitely my least favourite product of them all, plus all the people that I know that managed to bag themselves a hat box, and that's quite a few, also thought the same. The rest of the products are great though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Hair Supply is sooo bad. I used the rest of mine as a shaving cream. It works well for that purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh your not showing up in my blogger feed. I missed so many posts :/ Im gonna try unsubscribing and re-subsribing and see if it helps. My blogger is so broken its not even funny :/

    ReplyDelete