Weigh to go!

26.1.10

As most of you know I'm on a 'get fit and lose weight' mission! Lots of you have commented saying I look great as I am, and I know I'm not overweight (well, technically I am if I pay attention to my BMI! boo hoo) but I used to always maintain a weight of 10 stone and I was happy at that weight so that's my goal. Nothing too unrealistic.

Basically I'm taking part in a weight loss challenge that Cat created and it's a way of us supporting each other. It has definitely helped me not to over-induldge knowing that I have to broadcast my weight each week :)

My biggest downfall is exercise. I love walking and obviously I walk the dogs several times a day but apart from that I didn't used to do an awful lot. Well, last Monday I decided to do something about that and I vowed to step up my exercise in an attempt to burn off more calories and tone up!

I did really well last week. I worked out to Pump It Up twice - the second time doing the whole dvd with a couple of breaks - and I did Super Body Workout 3 times. Plus I did a 5 mile walk on Friday. Not bad for my first week ay! I feel great for doing it and the more I work out the less I ache the following day. Yesterday I had a rest and only did a little bit of walking so today I need to get back into the swing of things.

Super Body Workout is the newest addition to my workout dvd collection and hasn't disappointed me so far.

The combination of aerobics and sculpting gives the dvd variety and aside from Davina being a bit silly at times it's a really enjoyable workout.

I still enjoy Pump It Up, which is part of the Ministry of Sound range. This dvd consists of a warm up, aerobics, dance routines, boxercise, toning and a cool down. My favourite section is the aerobics ('Aeroburn') which is fast paced and hard work but fun!


I weighed myself on Monday morning as always and I have lost 1lb! This brings my weight down to 11 stone exactly (154 pounds). I'm hoping for a 2lb loss next week if I keep up to my exercise plan and continue to eat well (smaller portions, more veg, etc).

I'm going to invest in some digital scales in the next couple of weeks so that I can monitor my weight better and get a more accurate reading.

22 comments:

  1. i LOVE the davina workout :) i have her new one and its amazing i felt the benefits straight away! good luck with it all hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound like you're doing really well! well done :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. God you're motivated! Well done on the 1lb =) Maybe you should do your measurements this week if you haven't already, because you'll soon be losing inches >and< pounds =) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to watching the vid tonight (at work right now, naughty!). Amazing job on the loss and the exercise-a-thon! You're on fire this week, keep it up hun. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like you're doing well ! good luck :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing so well! I really admire all the exercise you're doing because I'm so lazy haha. Good luck with it all lovely. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo, go Victoria!!! Good luck for the next week, I'm sure you're lose at least 2 lb! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! I can recommend some didgital Weightwatchers scales from Boots - they are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to know that you're doing good, well done !
    Good luck for nest next ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. how tall are you?
    i want to lose weight too, and im excercising and eating healthy. im going to buy a hula hoop to tone my stomach. i 5'5 and i want to lose a stone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @harpreet - I am also 5'5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job Victoria!! Well done on the 1lb! The first loss is such great motivation to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your weightloss hun, really pleased for you and well done with all the exercise you have been doing! I also have the Davina dvd and I can barely finish it without feeling like I'm going to pass out! Saw on your YT vid you needed new scales I really recommend the Weight Watchers ones from Argos for £19.99, really accurate and even show 1/4 of a pound loss!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahh t6hat so strange! i really want to buy the davina one but ive only got a uni room that isnt too large (bigger than most, still quite little tho).
    does the davina one require miles of space?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're doing so well! Hooray for you. I've got the Davina workout boxset but am so rubbish - I've done it about three times! I'm just not very motivated. My plan is to take up yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey,

    I love this idea, can I join you and Cat in your challenge? ... I need something to keep me motivated and to help me loose weight healthily and maintain it afterwards.

    Lots of love,
    Katie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow wow! impressive amount of work you've done. Some how I just can't bring myself to stand in front of the tv to work out. So I try do things that are part of my routine already. LOL.. cheating right?

    ReplyDelete
  18. @katie - you would need to speak to Cat but I don't see why not! :) Her blog is http://catslittleobsessions.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. @binia - no not miles of space. some of it requires moving side to side but it's only a couple of steps to the side. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done you! I am also rubbish with drinking water, been a little better this week as have had an awful sore throat! Also I try to drink sparkling water, really cold, with a slice of lemon in a nice glass - just feels a bit more fabulous than a pint of horrible tap water! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey,

    Thank you for that.

    Lots of love,
    Katie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Davina is fab, I will start doing my exercise dvds again today ! Good luck with the weight loss it sounds like your doing very well!

    ReplyDelete