Rehab

16.2.10

The other day I had a good rummage in my storage box, which houses all of my hair products, in the hopes of finding a heat protector spray or some serum, but all I could find was vast quantities of volumising mousse, spray and powder (a sample of which are in the photo below!) I have accumulated these products over time and when each one has failed to give me huge hair it has been relegated to the storage box. Why do I keep on buying the same products over and over again? Surely I should just settle for what nature intended?


Andrew Barton "I Love Volume" mousse - this left me with slightly sticky/tacky hair. It did give a slight lift at the roots but nothing drastic.
Lee Stafford DDouble Bblow mousse - this is my most recent purchase and it does give some lift but I can't get excited about it. I am going to give this another chance though because I may have been using too much (but the nozzle isn't working properly so it sprays out loads of product).
TRESemme 24 Hour Body - not much noticeable difference.
S Factor Body Booster - a little bit of a lift and no crispy feeling which is always a winner. This is the product I tend to reach for if I attempt a volumised look.
Lee Stafford Matt Fat powder - I do like this product. It gives a good messy look but can look awful if you use too much of it. Great for carrying round in your handbag.

I have decided to quit the quest for big hair and concentrate on getting shiny hair in good condition and concentrate on lots of deep conditioning treatments and serums. My friend gave me the last little bit of her Mark Hill De-Frizz Shine Serum which is great for getting shine and it's so diddy that it is perfect for on the go. It retails for just under £4 so it's not too pricey and Boots are always offering 3 for 2 offers on professional haircare which includes Mark Hill.

I also really like the S Factor Silky Smooth Moisture Serum which I have run out of but I definitely want to repurchase this when I can, however it's a little pricier than the Mark Hill stuff. This serum can turn anyones Worzel Gummige hair into silky soft tresses. And I really like the sound of THIS one. I'm also on the hunt for a decent protector spray for when I use straighteners.


I'm taking full advantage of going back to my natural hair colour and I'm giving my hair some well deserved rehab! Years and years of dying and blow drying can't be good for anyone, so on the days I have no plans I'm avoiding heat on my hair and letting my hair dry naturally. I also might try out an olive oil type treatment at some point this week.

How do you give your hair TLC?

21 comments:

  1. Lushs H'suan Wen Hua is my hair saviour, it's smelly but amazing. Also, I never use heat on my hair, it appreciates it a lot! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i put coconut oil in my hair now and again, and everytime i love the results. it leaves my hair feeling really soft and shiney! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling, I was so happy that you were my 100th follower! Thanks for entering the giveaway too!

    After having my hair bleached and dyed red recently, these are the exact sort of products I am looking for too. Something to put a bit of nourishment back! I has been using a Kerastase leave-in heat-protector- brilliant but it is quite pricey so I probably wont but it again! Can't wait to hear other peoples suggestions! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always want bigger hair too but I can never find a product which does what it claims - I wish there was! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it really hard to find a hair product that creates volume that I actually like! You're not alone :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. my hair is so fine that i always try to find something to give it some life! still looking...

    Missy
    For everything about fashion:
    http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a very similar box, full of very similar products! My quest for voluminous hair still continues, but cutting it short has helped loads!

    My hair is very fine so I don't add anything like serum to it as it weighs it down. Hairdressers always comment on how soft and healthy it is so I must be doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE mark hill serum (L)
    it saves me :)

    lovee
    Eliza @
    chocolatecoin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got some Organix shampoo and conditioner from boots, the vanilla silk one and OMG smells like forrero rocher and makes hair so soft and shiny, doesn't give me enough volume but might be what you are looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have a couple volume boosting products. they seemed to work in the beginning but over time i did not see the same results :(

    good luck with shiny hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use deep hair conditioning treatments twice out of the 3 times I wash my hair a week! They are Lush Retread and Lush H'Suan Wen Hua :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never used any of his products myself but i've always heard great things about Mark Hill. For myself i'm a big follower of the Fizz Ease range, its just given my coloured hair this ultra shine that I haven't had for a long while and lets my hair go outside without it becoming a nest because of the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your hair on the side pic; it's so nice and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Years of treating your hair may give you a little surprise when you let it dry naturally m'dear.

    I had poker straight hair for years and then after years of treating it, I left it to dry naturally and discovered it had rebelled and turned curly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to start giving my hair some tlc too! XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use a deep conditioner from Boots in a big tub and its coconut flavoured, its soooo lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't want to add to your collection but Aussie Volume mousse is great, and gives your hair a good shine...I too want big hair and it's the only one I've found that seems to do that.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Have a nice day,
    Federica.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the comment on my blog Victoria, much appreciated.
    Also cheers for the comment re.the beauty bloggers post I did yesterday.
    As for your hair - if you're after volume try Lush's Big shampoo. I may have already mentioned it to you but I love it! It's quite expensive - £10 a tub, but it lasts forever and my hair has never been more shiny or more volumised!
    For shine (but not volume)try Botanics ultra moisturising shampoos, in the clear bottles. They're about £3 each and they're brill.
    It's a shame we don't all live a bit nearer to each other, as we could plan a bit of a meet up sometime!xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi,

    I've tried the Tigi Iron Spray and I probably wouldn't recommend it.
    It's quite a strong smell which unlike most Tigi products, I don't like and it stays with you allll day.
    The spray also is quite powerful so you end up with damp bits with then frazzle with the straighteners.

    I have yet to find a more expensive heat protection straightening spray that performs any better than the cheaper ones.
    I currently use a Charles Worthington one which is pretty good as it puts a mist over the hair rather than a huge amount of directly squirted product!

    Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I find the Tresemme Volumising Mousse is the best I've tried. Doesn't leave my hair sticky at all like most do. Also, Matrix do a spray - not sure what it's called but it's in a green/turquoise bottle!!
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete