Collection 2000: Button Moon

13.3.10

I was so looking forward to trying out this polish - it is my first Collection 2000 nail polish and I have heard only good things about the quality and the colours in the range. I decided I would have Button Moon nails for the weekend and so last night I got out my diddy little polish and started to paint away.

After the first coat I was extremely unimpressed. I ended up with streaks that looked absolutely dreadful! Now, I'm not the neatest nail polish applier in the world but I normally don't have any trouble achieving a smooth, glossy finish for a day or so until the chips start to appear. Not with this polish it seems!


Even after 2 coats I wasn't happy. The streaks were covered but I was left with a bumpy finish.


I will give Button Moon another chance but this morning it was removed ready for Barry M's Mint Green to take its place. What a shame! Perhaps it will fare better with a base coat? I will have to try that next time. Very disappointing!

16 comments:

  1. Aww that's such a shame :( The colour would be gorgeous if it didn't dry bumpy etc.! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem. I also found that it refused to stay where I'd applied it. Very odd. I tried it twice and had the same problem so I chucked mine in the bin. Hope you get on with it better using a base coat :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also brought this after all the rave reviews, but I just cannot get on with it. Takes so long to get it looking half decent and its just too much effort for me haha. Shame 'cos its such a pretty colour :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this as well and didn't like it, it goes so lumpy that it looked like I had pieces of blutac stuck to my nails! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour is nice, shame about the formula! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww that's too bad it wasn't as good as you thought! Thank you for the honest review though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mines similar, takes a lot of work to make it look alright. Although I just bought it for the name haha Oh Button Moon, how I love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw I'm really disappointed for you! I've got a couple of the Collection 2000 varnishes, & I've been happy enough with mine. What a shame!

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've used other collection 2000 nail polishes and they have been fine, I wonder if it's because it's a pale matt colour? I won't be buying it though after your review so thank you for saving me a couple of quid :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe, I have this polish, and I've gotta admit, it does give a streaky finish :( x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best to stick to good old barry m i think! Thats crazy how a formula can be that bad :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I was wondaring if we could do a swap ? Or maybe if you can pick up a few Barry M and gosh prodcuts for me and I can pay you by paypal let me know :) I tried emaling you if you want you can email me back

    xo_kbaby_xo@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Keisha - hey Keisha. I didn't get your email hun. I'm afraid I can't do any swaps at the moment.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't get along with button moon at all, either.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would've bought this just because of the name, but the colour is also gorgeous. what a shame it goes on so badly. have you tried eyeko's pastel? that's a similar colour but evidently easier to apply.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thats a shame, I have Button Moon and absolutely love it. In fact I can't sing the praises of the Hot Looks collection enough, I much prefer the Collection 2000 polishes to more expensive brands such as Nails Inc.

    xx

    ReplyDelete