Weight Loss Challenge - update, workout recommendation & inspiration!

20.3.10

This week I have good news - I have found an exercise that I enjoy and gives results fast and it's all thanks to Gemma who some of you will know from You Tube (and she has a blog too). She also has a new channel on You Tube but more about that further down. Gemma told me about the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels and basically she said it's the best thing since sliced bread. I'm a big fan of working out at home anyway so I thought I would give it a try. After 1 session I was hooked! I am now on day #5 of the "shred" and I'm still going strong. Already I feel fitter and leaner.

It is split into 3 levels and obviously each level gets harder. I believe the idea is to do 10 days at each level so I'm still on level 1 and let me tell you, it is NOT easy. In fact it's very, very difficult. It is 20 minutes of non stop exercise; a mixture of cardio, ab work, press ups, simultaneous lunges and arm weights, and a few other things too, with no resting in between.

(Photo found through Google images)

The great thing is that even though it's a tough workout and very tiring (I cried on day #3) it is only 20 minutes so it doesn't take over your evening and it could easily be done before work on a morning.

I have lost the desire to keep checking the scales and I am concentrating on feeling/looking better in my clothes and eating well. A few other girls on Twitter are "shredding" and trying to be healthy with food choices and it is great having the support from them.

As mentioned above, Gemma has a new channel on You Tube - healthyhappylife - where she will update about all things to do with food, exercise, lifestyle, etc. Her makeup channel is amazing so I am sure her new channel will be great too. Make sure you head on over there and subscribe!

Summer is approaching ladies. Here's my inspiration for getting fit!







I won't be running topless but you catch my drift ;)

I have been making healthier choices all week. Hungry at work? I'll have a banana, apple or a yoghurt. Fancy a bit of chocolate? Instead of a 300 calorie bar of chocolate I'll have a smaller wafer type bar such as Galaxy Amicelli's which are 60 calories a stick. I have given up crisps for lent so I'm not eating those at all. I am still keeping a food diary and I am making myself drink more water. I have had fish twice this week and salad or veg with almost every evening meal.

I really hope I can keep this up! I feel great!

25 comments:

  1. I envy you giving up crisps, I wish I could but they are one of my addictions! Good luck with your workouts, I love your inspiration photos :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an inspirational post...thank u :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously thankyou for this post!! It's helped me and such an inspiration! I admire you for being able to give up crisps etc, I wouldn't be able to do that!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you found something that works for you! It sounds great actually, i may have to try it!

    And excellent tips on the food choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snacking at work is one of my problems- it's so easy to go to the vending machine when I'm hungry and it's not like I really want anything from there! Bananas are great for filling me up though so I need to remember to bring them in every day.

    Good luck with the 30 day shred! I'm tempted to give it a go too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! You're doing an excellent job. The 30 day shred sounds really interesting. I've seen bits here and there on Twitter but have never really understood it, but will definitely look into it more now. Love Gemma's new channel too <3 Loved this post xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds brilliant hun, but once you've worked your way through the 30 day workout, do you start back at level 1?
    Sorry if I've confused you, lol I was just wondering how to maintain the exercise.
    Weldone though :).
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds very difficult but good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you sound like you've made some huge and fantastic changes, im so proud of you and im sure you'll start seeing massive results!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That shredding sounds amazing.... I lost 5lbs in one week but I think that was mainly because it was the first week back on a diet... I hope to loose about 3lbs every week in order to get down to a healthy weight. I might have to get that DVD :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This workout vid sounds great! I think i might try it. I wish you well on your healthier lifestyle hun, good luck!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really like the sound of this, 20 minutes a day has got to be do-able!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've given up crisps?! Well done you! I've given up chocolate but have had a few slips ups... I could NEVER give up my beloved crisps!

    Glad to hear you're doing so well with everything. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best to you!

    And cute photos with this post :)

    http://underfundedheiress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh only 20 minutes?? I could deal with that :) I'm for sure going to check this out, thanks!

    p.s. I love that photo of you in the side bar, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Massively intrigued by all this shred lark... should I give it a shot?!? So happy you're on such a health kick, well done babe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha I love that shot with the 3 girls. Especially the girl with her sunglasses on backwards. Divine.

    ♡,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! I've been doing this same workout! I'm only on day three but have been LOVING it! The first day, I was so sore I could barely walk up the stairs. The second day was rough too. Now the third day is much better and even if it's only in my mind, I already feel slimmer! I love that it's only 20 minutes and Jillian is really motivating throughout the whole thing. Glad to see you're liking it too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's so inspiring that you're doing well on your challenge! I really want that dvd now, if I ever see it around I'm picking it up for sure. Keep it up! xx

    Leah xo
    gwendolynloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awh thanks for linking me lovely!!!

    Loved your inspiration photos, that one of the 3 girls will be me, you and kelly in summer! haha ;)


    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! Sounds great :)
    I've been hearing a lot about this shred so might have to look further into it and give it a go when my health is back up to scratch X

    ReplyDelete
  22. It sounds like you are doing really well! I am going to try and find this 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels !!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good for you! I've been working with Jillian's Shred loosely since January. The women is tough, but you will see results in a matter of days.

    ReplyDelete
  24. your doing so well in Shred, im doing it too, im on day 4 and i love doing it, i can already see a difference in my stamina and im not as red faced afterwards! Ive taken some before pictures and will do a blog post afterwards so if you wanna check out my results keep an eye on my blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. i am doing the shred too :)
    i recently started a new blog and have posted a bit about it..also tried the davinafit dvd but now I am hooked with Jillian Michaels! lol!
    if you could check out my blog it would make me sooo happy
    http://sprinklewithsunshine.blogspot.com/
    if you do, thankyou SOOO much xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete