Bank Holiday weekend

6.4.10

Aahhh - 4 days off work. Bliss it was! I think every week should include a 4 day weekend :) We got up early each day to squeeze in everything we wanted to do. We managed to do all of the housework/washing/folding/putting away, we went jogging several times, we watched Four Christmases and laughed a lot, we went shopping several times and bought some lovely things for us and the new house, we spent the afternoon at my Mum and Dad's house and had a roast dinner followed by lots of chocolate cake, and did some sleeping and dog walking in between.

Oh, I also tried one of these delights! Yum. Roll on next Easter!


I had a rather fruitful trip to Primark where I was spotted by Lucy who was also doing a spot of shopping! It's such a small world :) I looked so windswept and was having a bad hair day which is just typical isn't it! 

I wanted some new pumps for work but we all know you can't go into Primark for just one thing! I got a couple of other things too (blog post coming soon). I also popped to a sports store and got some Nike running shoes because my current pair of trainers are nearly as old as me and were doing nothing to support my feet. They are now residing in the bin! I am loving running in my new bouncy trainers and I have a blog post coming soon with a Race for Life update to let you know how my training is going.

Yesterday we went on the hunt for a new fridge/freezer (shopping of sorts, but very, very dull). We got sidetracked by hot chocolate, Next Home and TK Maxx where I spent what felt like hours gazing at trinkets, bed covers, cushions, pots, pans and garden goodies. I'll show you what I bought in my Primark shopping trip blog post :)

I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend!

21 comments:

  1. Thats a very funny looking edible treat haha! Very cute though xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the race for life too! In loving memory of my aunty! If you do it in Yorkshire, I might just see you there! I'm glad you had a brill easter! I think i had one too many Easter eggs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the film Four Christmases! It's very good. That duck looks very yummy, and cute. Looking forward to seeing what bits and pieces you brought in your shopping trip post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a lovely weekend! Excited to see your purchases, especially the home stuff! Sometimes I think it's more exciting than clothes. Shock horror! That must mean I'm old. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bank holiday weekend sounds lovely :)

    Good luck with the Race for Life - I did Sport Relief a few weeks ago and it was so much fun. I've actually grown to love running now! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chick is super cutee! and good luck with race for life lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw it sounds like you had an amazing weekend! I love getting up early to do things! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a deranged looking chick! Do you and Lucy know each other away from Blogspot or was it just a very random yet cool bump into?! Looking forward to seeing the Primarni goodies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh that looks scrumptious. when are the winners going to be announced for the april giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  10. oo I want to eat that chick!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Mary Lee - the giveaway runs for the whole of April xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jo - No we don't know each other in real life. She spotted me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's funny you met Lucy at the store!

    The chick looks yummy ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whatever that thing is I want to eat it!!!! :))
    By the way because of you i ordered the shred (bearing in ing i cant even do 1 push up) and my um and i have a bet who can last longest. I'm screwed!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I watched Four Christmases on Sunday, nice film :)

    I'm thinking of training for Race for Life :)

    Good luck with it =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have had such a constructive weekend..!
    I have completely fallen off the diet/exercise wagon - got to get back on it tomorrow!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha i work at Greggs the chocolate crispy nests with mini eggs are the nicest thing ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1000 followers! Congrats hun and yet another massive thank you from me for the mention. Who knew my trip to Primark on Saturday would get me more followers, haha. Looking forward to seeing what you picked up though! You should try the Nike+ iPod thing that I use for your running, it really does motivate you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, I’ve nominated your blog for a Sunshine Award :)
    Sorry if you already have it, but I think your blog is great :)
    You can see the post here for details:
    http://lovelaughlauren.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-first-award-sunshine-award.html
    Thanks for writing such a lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had a good weekend, I spent mine at work! :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you had a nice easter :)
    I had one of those chicks too, oh it was so nice I'm a sugar addict. Can't beat greggs eh? :P
    It's so typical that you see someone when you're not looking your best, but I'm sure you feel flattered to find one of your 'followers' in real life :)

    ReplyDelete