Monday summary

5.4.10

Good afternoon everyone! I hope you're all having a lovely day? I'm having a bad hair day. The wind outside is not helping matters! I really want to have my hair like this sometime.. must learn how to french plait!


Here are my 5 good things:

1) It's a Bank Holiday today which equals no work for me! The 4 day weekend has gone really slowly which is great because I've managed to squeeze in a lot of stuff! (mainly shopping and eating related).

2) We visited our new house on Saturday to measure up and it's just as pretty as we remembered! We also drove past today to plan the new walking the dogs route. Obsessed much? Yes.

3) I have eaten chocolate and other goodies guilt-free all weekend because it's Easter and that's what you're supposed to do at Easter. Plus I've been running three times so I must have burned some calories ;)


4) TK Maxx. How have I disregarded this shop in the past?! It is full of amazing finds! More on this in my Bank Holiday weekend blog post.

5) I have raised £60 so far for Cancer Research! I'm so chuffed about that. It makes all my early morning runs worth it. You will be able to track my fundraising progress because I've added a widget to the sidebar of my blog.

22 comments:

  1. My Mum is obsessed with TK Maxx, she's always buying home stuff from there! They always have really good bargain bedding sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could french plait - tried it so many times, but just can't get the knack!
    Easter is definitely a time to eat lots of chocolate, definitely a good enough excuse :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the fundraising! You're almost half way!

    And I LOVE TK Maxx! They always have great stuffs. Can't wait to see what you found :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh TKMaxx! i haven't been in there for ages, i think i may have to have a look in soon. your bank holiday sounds lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I'm doing the racve for life this summar, and I am so out of practice it's embarassing! Good luck with your fundraising. I would love to learn how to french plait, there must be a good youtube tutorial out there somewhere?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah, I love TK Maxx so MUCH! I went to the Crown Point store on Friday and they had so much lovely home stuff. The Headrow store is really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a strong dislike to TK Maxx, just because of the people who "shop" in the one near me.

    I do a side french plait in my hair quite a bit, but I do it a bit neater than that, might try the messy look more often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats 5 very good things :) I have a tk maxx just down the road from me and because hardly anyone knows about it its always full of really good stuff! Loves it. I kinda felt guilty about my chocolate eating this weekend, but youve reassured me that its a-ok :) haha thank you! Well done for your fundraising so far, youll reach £200 super soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that plait! I can do French plaits, but I find it so hard to do them on myself. Especially seeing as my hair has so many layers!
    I like TK to the Max (as me and my mum and bros call it haha) for sports stuff, homeware and shoes! Not had TOO much luck with their clothes though.
    Well done for raising all that! That's really great. My boyfriend's mum starts chemotherapy in a week, he's trying to think of something to do for a fundraiser this Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to learn to french braid when my friend hacked off my bangs last summer! I wore my bangs braided for about 4 months straight haha, I'm a pro ;)

    Glad you had a good weekend, so did I!

    Leah xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on the fundraising :) Im heading in to town tomorrow or wed so Ill check the bank balance and chip in asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Onna - thank you hun - it would be fab if you could spare a little! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that hair do, I can french plait but not that well lol!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh i love that hair! i wish i were skilled enough to do that :/ haha
    wow, congrats on raising all that money for cancer research! it's sooo awesome that you're working for such an amazing cause ♥
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. my hair looks awesome in a french plait, but i find it impossible to do it myself. and i can't train my husband to do it for me, so i have to go without (or start asking strangers on the train to do it for me...hmm that could work...)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gonna try that hairstyle :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've just made a little donation on your sponsorship page :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats on the fund raising! have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the hairstyle, its looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg your hair is amazing there! love plaits atm

    ReplyDelete
  21. Why are plaits so fiddley to do! Well done on your charity fundraising!

    ReplyDelete