Down at the bottom of the garden...

16.5.10


This morning I did a spot of gardening. The place we have moved into was empty for a couple of months beforehand so a few little weeds and sneaky things had appeared in the garden at the back of the house, and slowly but surely I'm getting rid of the pesky fellas.

So far I have bought a garden gnome and he stands proudly by the back door. I also got a little potted plant from Ikea yesterday and I hope to go to a proper garden centre at some point to get some more potted plants and maybe some herbs and things (not that I know what to do with them!) It looks much better already and with the sun shining this morning I have been excited for the Summer months ahead!

I love finding pictures of pretty gardens - even though I don't have the room (or money!) to recreate them it's still nice to look. Here are some pictures from my inspiration folder:

How perfect is this little house tucked into the trees. If only my garden was big enough!

Pretty, pretty stand & trinkets

Colourful lanterns and cute seating

I have got my eye on a 'shabby chic' style table and chairs from TK Maxx (that's if they have any left by payday!) but Dotcomgiftshop is usually my first stop for all things retro and fun.

I love the idea of having bunting hanging along my fence. I particularly like this vintage Union Jack style and the English Rose pattern.

I'd love this silly little Gardeners Kneeling Pad to rest my aching knees on. It might just remind the boyfriend to make me a brew more often! Oh.. and a biscuit too!
I can imagine on a Summers evening sitting on some floor cushions with friends, with some candles flickering and a cup of something tasty. I love the Elephant pattern and the tassles on these floor cushions.
I'd also love to get a bird house and was struggling to think of where to look. Then I remembered Etsy! Etsy is the one stop shop for all things unique and pretty and a search for "outdoor bird house" threw up a zillion cute ones. How adorable is this one:


I hope I have given you some outdoor inspiration!

Miscellaneous pictures from www.weheartit.com

26 comments:

  1. *Sigh* If only my garden looked as lovely as the ones you've pictured! I live in a rented house and I think my landlord decided that slabs must look really pretty because that's all we've got! :(

    Also wish i had a guniea pig in a staw hat! :) I love that cheeky little squeaky fella!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ms Wedgie - He certainly is adorable isn't he! I love him :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to have my own little garden, with a cute little patio - somewhere to watch the sunset in the summer with a bottle of wine. Can't wait. Saying that i'm totally not green fingered at all. But I did plant some basil last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, the blue summer house looks so adorable, and if you wanted to make your garden look pretty, but wanted to save a bit of money you could always add shells from the seaside randomly around near flowers you've planted and you could also maybe paint little flower patterns on your fence? just a few random ideas i had :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so useful for me! Were right in the middle of doing our garden.
    We’ve literally pulled everything up and started over. It was in such a mess, there really was nothing worth keeping.
    It’s been a total pain, but hopefully it will be worthwhile, and I’ve officially been given plant duty (this also hopefully means decoration duty)
    I loooove the idea of bringing a bit of shabby chic into the garden.
    Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Alice - I'm glad it has been useful for you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha!
    that guinea pig is so so so sweet!
    aaww <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gardening. We do have a nice garden but I am always on the hunt for some decoration and new plants. There are sooo many nice things out there for inspiration.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Chrissy - Thanks for reading xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Auw, the cutest little guinea pig ever :) Im loving the bunting, and the bird houses too! Makes me want to make sure I have a nice garden when I move this year but mind you, Im absolutely hopeless and have no clues about gardening at all! Surely some pretty tools and floral garden gloves are all you need eh? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw I love that bird house :D its so cute :) hope your garden goes well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Rogue - I made sure to get some pink gardening gloves! A lady has to stay stylish after all! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my! I thought you had found a guinea pig at the bottom of your garden from my dashboard preview! hehe :D
    I love gardening, just today we got some new mint plants and some pink lavender x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous post my dear! I cant wait to have my own wee garden! I really want a wild flower garden. I got a great wee book on how to grow your own vegetable garden in pots so you dont need much room or much effort of diggin up the weeds in your garden!
    vicki xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love being out in the garden. You should get some of the really funky tools to use, they do gorgeous floral ones x

    ReplyDelete
  16. the garden pics are so pretty!
    I just want to say I have been reading through your blog and I really love it,i like the way you write about beauty and random things thrown in aswell!!keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love getting out in the garden, just hate the creepy crawlies *shudder* those pictures are beautiful and oh my gosh the guinea pig, I have two, sadly they wouldn't let me put hats on them though haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. grr this post depresses me..i wnt my own place..and im stuck at home with the rents :( lol..also thanks for that retro site i loveeee x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, the guinea pig is so sweet! I love beautiful gardens too - I'm just useless at gardening! In the summer I like going to big old National-Trust-type houses and looking at the amazing gardens (yes, I'm only twenty... hmm...). They are always so colourful.

    The elephant floor cushion looks really pretty and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw I love all the things you picked out! I'd love a really nice garden (when I do get a house of my own) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally have the poddington peas theme stuck in my head now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely photos. I am very much a 'stick the plant in the ground and hope for the best' kind of gardener!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have that floral bunting! it's so cute for garden parties, i hope to use it again this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. your comment made me smile-thank you!
    how your little dear pugs? cutes!
    i love the summer months because my mother will spend her days gardening, and it all comes alive. and i could sit reading/drawing for hours.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I did some gardening at the weekend at my friends, I have splinters in four fingers on the same hand and I cannot get them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I wish you hadn't posted the dotcomgiftshop website...I've seen so many pretty things that I want...like now! Lol!!

    Once I start earning more, I'm going straight on that site! Lol! xx

    ReplyDelete