I went to London (& didn't buy Heat magazine!)

21.5.10

I promised some photies from our sightseeing part of the London trip and here they are! We had almost a full day in London the day after seeing She & Him and we managed to do quite a bit. The weather wasn't on our side unfortunately, plus I had packed for a lovely Spring day so I froze my bit and pieces off but never mind. It was still lots of fun!

I think this sums up the weather with me looking rather windswept and messy. I could barely open my eyes, see!


Andrew surprised me with Fast Pass tickets onto the London Eye which meant we got to skip the ticket queue and the queue for the London Eye itself which meant no standing in the rain! Yay. We watched the short 4D video before we went on and it was pretty fabulous - I recommend watching it if you can!

The London Eye was great - I really enjoyed it. We each got a complimentary pull-out card guide with all the landmarks marked on, some well known and some not so, so it was nice knowing what we were looking at.  Obviously I know which one Big Ben is ;)

One lady got the end of my evil eye as she decided to keep placing her head in front of me at every available opportunity. At one point I was stood looking out and she knelt down in front of me, then just stood up and the back of her head was almost touching my face! haha. Some people are very strange.



After going on The London Eye and having a wander round that area we hopped onto the tube (I have a strong dislike for the tube - all the hopping on and off, complicated routes and sweaty people is just awful!) and went to The Natural History Museum. I hadn't been since being really really small when the animatronic dinosaurs scared me to tears. Jurassic Park has never been an enjoyable film for me I must say!



By this point it was late afternoon and we were hungry, thirsty and a bit weary so we headed to Hard Rock Cafe. We used to have one in Leeds but it closed and I was gutted! I loved that place, I used to go all the time.


Let me introduce you to the tastiest, unhealthiest salad ever. Chicken Haystack salad with Blue Cheese dressing. I would happily eat this every day. I have never been able to finish a whole one of these bad boys!


And that's all folks. Once we had finished our lovely dinner and had one last wander (okay, we got lost..) we made our way back to Leeds on the coach feeling very tired and sleepy. What a wonderful trip!

39 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous despite the windy weather!You're hair is a nice colour ande your skin looks great. Lovely photties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have thoroughly enjoyed this post :) .. I need to get my booty back down to London some time soon, the fact that I have family there and haven't ben in around 2 years it truly terrible!

    Hope you had a fabulous time and that salad is absolutley mamoth!

    Xx

    http://thebeautysanctum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love London...need to find time to go back! Your photos are amazing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures, glad you had a lovely time, I really want to go on the London Eye! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks faboosh. And what fake tan are you using you're a lovely colour xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been able to watch Jurassic Park; it's just freaks me out. That salad looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo I remember the Hard Rock Cafe, we went there on a school trip when I was about 14 and had a fabulous time, I can't remember what I ate but I know it was yummy. Last time I went on the eye was at sunset and it was lovely seeing the summer haze and light falling over London - it's a top, top city. Looks like you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love London!

    I liked going to the Hard Rock Cafe in Leeds- really wish they hadn't got rid of it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look extra pretty in these pics! You're always pretty, but even more so in these. Looks like you had a fun time my dear, despite the weather xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful! Also, you have great skin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Jennifer Rosellen - Just a light spray of Ambre Solaire mist :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you two had a great time. So sweet of your bf to get tickets for the London Eye.

    I got so confused with the tube when I first came to London but you soon get used to it although its no fun being in an overcrowded carriage!

    And that chicken salad looks yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the natural history museum when i was younger, think i'll have to go next time i'm in London :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved reading this sweet :) I love London, such a wonderful place & i dont visit as often as i would like to!

    I too, am so gutted that the hard rock cafe in leeds shut down - boo! The food was amazing! The salad you had looks so yummy!

    Can i just say that your hair looks amazing, especially with the plait clipped to the side - gorgeous! I really think i prefer your brunette locks!

    The picture of you & Andrew is lovely! :)

    Im really glad that you both had an amazing time! <3

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Dainty Dollymix - Thanks so much :) It's getting so long, needs a trim! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the pictures!! Made me miss London ever more ;) You look absolutely gorgeous btw

    ReplyDelete
  17. everytime I go to London, I contemplate the London Eye. I never go there because I am afraid of heights, would you think it will be scary for me? Are the cabins steady?

    I must have been beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Lydia - I'm not scared of heights so it's hard to say. But the cabins were very steady and safe I must say. It takes about 30 minutes to get round. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your grey jacket in the first picture - where's it from?
    I have to say i'm a fan of Jurassic Park! Just remember it's not real!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Phoebe - New Look.
    It was real once upon a time though! Argghh! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow looks like you had a fab day, thank you for sharing, I enjoyed reading it. Your picures are great and you and your BF are uber cute :-) you look lovely
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, that salad is immense! looks incredibly tasty :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh you have the most beautiful skin ever....jealous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. London is so fab - going back next month and soooo looking forward to it. Love the photo of your and your BF, so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, you do look very pretty misses :). Looks like you had a brill time!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hay dear blogger!
    How are you? I'm glad that I've visited this blog! She's lovely.

    Please, check mine too & maybe we can follow eachother!
    You can also join my GIVEAWAY!
    Love, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so pretty! Your hair colour really suits you :) It looks like you had a fantastic time in London.... I can't wait to go back now! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look lovely and I love the scenery photos as well! I love London! <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love those pics! I've not been to London for YEARS, I definitely want to go soon. The women on the Eye sounds so rude and ignorant!
    I loive that pic of you and Andrew.. and I too was gutted when the mighty Hard Rock closed! Glad you managed to find another on your travels! Great pics, I enjoyed reading this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The London eye is great :) I went on it the first time I went to London last year and it was one of my fave things. I have always wanted to go on it!

    I totally hate the tubes. Convenient but very cramped!

    Looks like you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  31. You look lovely in all of these photos. You have such nice skin :)

    Looks like a really good trip. That salad looks epic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. awesome pics! i really want to go to london some day!

    ReplyDelete
  33. aww you look so pretty in these photos! i love going to visit london, i really need to go soon.

    ReplyDelete
  34. so cute :) love the pics. so i was listening to she and him the other day and thought of you lol. hope you're having a good weekeen, love your blog.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Aw, your photos are lovely! I'm glad you had a fab time!

    I love London- can't wait to go back. x

    ReplyDelete
  36. @tackyblueeyeshadow - Thank you hun.x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great post, looks like a fab trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Aw great pictures! Looks like you had an amazing weekend.

    I've seen the 4D film too with the bf (I took him there for his birthday as he'd never been on it). I thought it was amazing! :) xx

    ReplyDelete