She & Him - video montage!

11.5.10

As you know (because I have been talking about it non stop) I went to see She & Him on Friday night at Koko in London (Camden to be precise). 4 of us headed down to London early on Friday morning and we arrived at our hotel in the afternoon.

I was so excited for the gig not only because I love She & Him and their music, but also because I am obsessed with Zooey Deschanel and I couldn't believe I would be seeing her in the flesh!

We managed to get quite near to the front which is a good job because Zooey is tiny. She looks slim on the tv but she was even shorter and slimmer than I thought she would be. And her hair! Just perfect :)

Her voice was amazing live. Every song was a delight - but it all went too quickly! Come back to the UK soon (please!)

Here's a little montage of the evening. I didn't get any footage of her support act, The Chapin Sisters, who also did backing vocals for her, but they were brilliant too.

She & Him - Koko, London (7 May 2010) from Victoria Jackson on Vimeo.

13 comments:

  1. ah I'm so jealous, i'd love to have gone! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sneak peak! I am very much in love with her too, so much so I've been slightly worried about my sexuality haha! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Lucky lady! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also mega jealous! Glad yous had a good time :) looks like you were super close! Have you seen the video for why do you let me stay here? its worth a watch on youtube xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so gorgeous! I adore her hair. Makes me want to have mine super long again! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rogue - Yeah a gazillion times. They're my fave band :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww, it looks like you got really close! jealous much?! Hope you had a fabby time! ♥

    http://jazz-pad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched all of this yesterday and thought it was really cool- your so lucky to have seen She & Him! I love Zooey too :D lucky ducky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually haven't heard any of her songs before! Think I'm going to have a listen on youtube and download some songs. Any favourites? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. YESSSS

    This made my day!

    Wish I could have come!

    Next time, cocktails, ZD and an evening that involves us storming the stage (and not getting removed by security)

    BTW I haven't forgotten our Yes Man inspired exercise/photography session this summer!

    haha

    Thanks for posting this :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Gemma - I was thinking about that road trip the other day :) It has to be done! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so beautiful and her voice is amazing, so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was in London less than a month ago and when I heard you got tickets I was so jealous. I which I could've changed my trip dates.

    Great clip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. shes got such a lovely voice, you are so lucky to have gone and see her! loved the montage victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete