'Face the facts' - £1 facial screening

13.6.10

I'm really excited to share this with you as it's a fabulous promotion AND it is raising awareness for the rise in skin cancer so I'm more than happy to get involved and spread the word about this fantastic deal.


SK:N clinics nationwide are offering £1 'Face Facts' facial screening assessments to everyone. 100% of the proceeds go to the British Skin Foundation. The assessments normally cost £25 but you can take advantage of the special offer until the end of August this year.

The session consists of an in depth chat with a skin expert to ascertain skin type and skin care habits as well as a thorough assessment under a UV lamp which clearly shows existing sun damage and identifies any other problem areas or changes to the skin.

I think this is a great idea and I really want to book an appointment for myself! Summer is approaching and I often worry about the effects of the sun on my skin. Even though I always apply sun cream I suppose we don't know what's going on deep down and whether we're applying enough! I think having one of these assessments, especially if you're in your 20s like me, would be a great way to catch any damage in time and change your sun-protection ways!

12 comments:

  1. That's a really good idea, it's a shame there are no clinics near me as I would definitely go. I would really like to know what my skin type is as it's so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a consultation at the Sk:n clinic for a treatment next month so I might have to have this screening done too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting about this, I think I'd like to make an appointment for myself too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo I love this idea and I was surprised to find there's a clinic in my town! Fab. Will be booking myself and the mother in asap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no clinics near me boo :( great post vic! i just put photos up of my pugs inspired by your last post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh fab idea!! I'm going to check out my nearest clinic x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks alot for letting me know! This is really great and only £1, woo! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a fabulous offer! i am constantly worrying about the effect that the sun might have on my pale skin. i shall deffinatelty book myself an appointment, thanks for the heads up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is a great promotion, just wish there was a clinic nearer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive just booked myself for this. Mine is this friday, oooh im a bit scared, lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so excited about this, booked myself in and unfortunately it's just a sales ploy to get you to buy their products.
    I wanted to go to see how much damage the sun had caused over the years, and I did get to see that through the light box, but really it was just a quick look at my skin type and then trying to sell me loads of stuff! Bit disappointing as I had such high hopes.

    For anyone clueless about their skin type or wanting help with products it might be useful though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Janie - Yeah, most marketing campaigns are to draw people in. I want a quick look at the uv light box and that's all :)

    I would have conveniently forgotten my wallet as I hate feeling pressured to buy things.
    x

    ReplyDelete