Green fingers and green monsters

17.6.10

Thanks to those of you who 'liked' my last blog post via Facebook. If you didn't see it, click here, and all you have to do if you want to help out is click the 'like' button at the bottom of the blog post. It's part of a Next bloggers competition and the idea is to get as many clicks as possible. I had 50 last time I looked which is awesome. You guys are so kind!

This week has been quiet for me. It has mainly involved a variation of going to work, eating, walking the dogs, jogging, and consuming Green Monsters! I have had one almost every morning this week. I even printed out the recipe and gave it to a couple of people at work. Spread the love I say! If you have tried one recently let me know how you got on. I have been sticking with the Virgin recipe (minus the flaxseed which I haven't got hold of yet) but I'm tempted to try some of the other recipes.


I got talking to a chap at work who commented on the green concoction I was drinking (he thought it was avocado!) and it turns out he grows all types of fruit, veg and herbs from his back garden! In fact he was quite the expert on spinach and offered to give me some seeds to start growing my own. Apparently once it starts growing it grows like crazy. Now all I need is something to put it in. I can sense a trip to the Garden Centre coming! I've always fancied discovering my green fingers and growing veg from our garden. I'll keep you posted on this!


It has been a little bit too warm for the dogs this week; cue lots of panting, lazy behaviour and hiding round the house. Lily likes to keep watch at the top of the stairs. Bless her. She is just adorable! Lola likes to sunbathe in the garden and Geri has a spot under a bush in the corner of the garden (and when she reappears she's usually covered in little flower buds!)

Gosh look at those weeds. It really is an ongoing battle between me and our back garden!




It's almost the weekend! (Hooray!) Tomorrow night, as I'm sure most of you know, England are playing football so Andrew is invited some friends over and I will unfortunately be giving the pizza and beer a miss in favour of an early night. Boring you say? Well I have got a big day on Saturday! I'm running my first ever 5k and I'm super nervous! I'm hoping the momentum of the day and the supportive crowds will spur me on to run most of the way.

Have a great evening!

26 comments:

  1. Aww your dogs are just too cute! I read your post about the green monster the other day, found it really interesting and went on the "oh she glows" website. I now have spinach, soy milk and bananas waiting to be blended together!!
    I also found there's a green monster website where people submit their recipe of the green monster, if you want to try something a bit different!


    http://greenmonstermovement.com/?cat=3

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck at the 5k!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pooches, as ever. Sending you lot of luck and love for Saturday honey, I'm sure you'll do fantastically!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little puggies are lovely as adorable as ever! :) And best of luck with your 5k honey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. After you posted about the Green Monsters I checked out that Glo site you linked to, it was a great inspiration to do some healthy eating. Think I will try to make some of these next week, they actually sound really nice!
    Good luck with your Race for Life on Saturday, you will do brilliantly as you've trained so hard :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sitting drinking a green monster as we speak . Spinich frozen bannana and frozen mango all thinned out with some rice milk. I chopped up some almonds to sprinkle on top as I like the little bit of crunch you get.
    I use mine as a post run recovery but it has fast become like a post run treat. Have you began to feel a diffrence since you started drinking them? I get ground flaxseed from the supermarket. It is usually by the wholefoods. I get it already ground so it makes things easier.
    Best of luck for you race for life. I had great fun doing mine and felt really proud telling people I had ran 10k and raised £x for charity. Word of warning don't read to many back signs... some had me welling up en route. Not good.
    You should give the overnight oats a go on oh she glows.
    Well you can't really do that recipie as chai seend seem to be impossible to get over here. Put if you mix 1/2 cup of oats with 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup milk and 1/2 cup yog. Mix it up leave it over night and it's greatw ith the weather being so hot as it's nice and cook. I think mix mine with some thawed frozen berries and flax. Yummmy.


    Woah big comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to be sending you positive thoughts and luck for Saturday my love! I know you'll do brilliantly! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have to invest in a blender and try this out. I don't eat anywhere near enough fruit and veg so I might give this a go.

    Received my vest today, it looks fab! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats the same bottle as my brother uses for his protien shakes!

    And hehe - wilkos seds - that['s where I work..

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am having my first ever green monster tomorrow! i've been looking forward to it ever since your post about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh might have to try a green monster drinkie, need a healthy boost!
    Good luck for your 5k at the weekend, I'm sure you'll do great!
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  12. First tried Green Monsters yesterday and also started with the virgin recipe. Today I added blueberries to the mix, second recipe on her list, and it was EVEN BETTER! Thinking of doing banana and strawberry tomorrow. Seems like you can't go wrong with these! Thanks for introducing me to them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've been growing spinach too! lazio spinach though, not spinach beet. it is rather easy to grow, i haven't been able to have my first crop yet but maybe in another week or 2!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck - you'll be totally fine love.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your going to rock your 5K - dont you even worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with the 5K, you wont need it though! The last picture of your adorable pug is too cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with the 5k run, you will do brilliantly! Definately give growing veg a go, I am not very green fingered but last year managed to grow mountains of tomatoes and cucumbers just by sticking the plant in the ground and watering it, easy peasy!
    Doggies are as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with the run lady! I've entered the marathon this year and can only fun 5 minutes... hoping I don't get in!

    Love,

    Tory

    www.curveinthemode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck with the 5k!
    And Lily does exactly what Dozer does, he hides on the top step all the time. So cute.

    X x

    p.s bravo on the green monsters, I've been smoothie making lately, loving the fruit hit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good luck with the run!
    And you have definitely inspired me to try the green monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My cat loves sunbathing outside in the garden, he never hides up stairs lol. Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're going to do great tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck tomorow girlie :) make sure you get a lovely before and after race pic in your super running attire! haha :) bet you'll do great, hope the lovely sunshine stays out for you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck with your run! Cute dogs xo

    http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete