Very veggie

22.6.10

The weather has been so warm today that I have been totally off my food except fruit and veg. Hey, it could be worse! :) I hate it when the weather is so stifling and my little car is like a microwave! :( It's not fun!

For brekkie today I had a bowl of Special K (actually it was the supermarket's own brand which is around 1/4 of the price and tastes just the same!) with a dash of Soya Milk. I have stocked up on Soya Milk because I use it to make Green Monsters, although I would love to give Almond Milk a go next time. It's not as easy to find though. I wanted a Green Monster for brekkie but the supermarket had no bananas last night (no bananas!!) so I had to grab some today. By the way, the GM I have is the Virgin recipe. 1 cup of soya milk, 2 cups of spinach, 1 banana, and ice. Whizzed together. Yum!

I got hungry mid-morning but I was so busy at work that I didn't really have time to stop, and a cup of tea had to suffice. We have a chocolate box at work but not many people go in it and I don't want to be known as the chocolate box girl, you know?

I had a big ol' salad for lunch (a pre-prepared one) which contained lettuce, sweetcorn, onion, and carrot - it was yummy. I added some ham and a splodge of extra light mayo to make it more interesting. I would have preferred a vinaigrette dressing but I didn't have much time to put one together.


Tea was cooked by the boyfriend, but it was my idea, so a joint effort I say. We had peppers stuffed with garlic & herb Philadelphia with an added bit of onion sprinkled with breadcrumbs. With the peppers we had some new potatoes with a sprinkle of mint. One pepper would have been enough but they were very tasty! I ate them both obviously :) Plus I had potatoes left over to pop into a salad tomorrow lunchtime. Nothing goes to waste in our house!


My eating habits have really changed over the years. There was a time when grilled peppers would have made me hurl, but now I actually crave them! I also used to hate mushrooms with a passion but now I look up recipes such as this and my mouth waters! How times change :)

How have your eating habits changed since you were younger?

23 comments:

  1. I used to have a total phobia of mushrooms, but I LOVE them now! And until I met my boyfriend, I always thought peppers were spicy :S Haha he proved they werent though. I love dipping red pepper slices in philadelphia, yummm. Youve made me hungry now missus! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe looks delish, have come around to mushrooms as i've got older.
    Still not into peppers though, can just handle them on a pizza,.so i guess there's an improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha the weather has changed my eating habits too - I had a salad for dinner tonight (very unusual for me!) Love your blog! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Georgia - Thank you honey.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm kind of lucky because I was never a fussy eater as a kid so it was veggies all the way for me. Though when I got a place of my own (many moons ago) I got it in to my head that I could only afford to eat processed food, but luckily I've seen the light again and am now back on the fresh-food path.

    I looked up green monsters after you mentioned them the other day. Oh She Glows is very inspirational. Unfortunately the GMs don't seem to agree with me, it is bloatarama city round here when I have one. But they are a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very healthy :) I really want to try the GM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely crave more salady type foods when the weather's hot. I think my eating habits have changed quite a bit since I was younger. I never used to want to try anything new, and there were loads of foods I wouldn't eat, I went through a phase of being a veggie for a while aswell. Now I'll try pretty much anything, and actually enjoy eating it. There's still some foods I just can't stand though and don't think I ever will, sprouts and olives! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Onyx - I'm the same - I don't think I'll ever like olives. I do like sprouts though :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These all sound and look yummy! I had a really healthy tea tonight and feel so much better for it! Go us! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a phobia of mushrooms. They really freak me out haha. I used to hate red peppers but now I love them! Still don't like green and yellow ones mind lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a cute blog :) I wish I liked vegetables, they look so so good....but I just can't stand them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya, I'm a new reader to your blog and I'm loving it. :)

    When I was little I never ate tomatoes, I hated them. That's changed but they will never be a favourite. I also hated coriander but now I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love stuffing peppers with a bit of philli.
    I'm obsessed with soya beans at the moment, with anything, in anything.

    Think our diets do change a lot when we grow up, I used to hate red wine, love the stuff now. :)

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hot weather always makes me crave 'healthy food'!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm only a teenager but my eating habits have already changed since I was younger! I used to say I was 'allergic to trying' but I quite like eating different foods now..definately more eager to try something spicy for example :)
    I liked this post..but then I like pretty much all of them!
    Keep up the good work xxxx
    Olenka (sprinklewithsunshine)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That salad (minus the meat!) looks delicious! xo

    http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have always been into my veggies since i was a kid, but i now like cucumber and tomatoes and when i was a kid i never did. checking out this green monsters thing now..never heard of it and it wld be great to have a healthy drink to take to wokr eveyday to fill me up. if u know any gd recipes with out banana let me know! as im not that keen on them lol :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh lovely, i'm craving Philidelphia am going through tubs of it! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. My eating habits have matured so much over the last few years. Like you, I used to hate anything like peppers, mushrooms... veg in general! But now I adore it and especially in summer, love a plate of the green stuff! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. My tastes have definitely changed. I like to think that my taste buds have just "matured" :) I like things now that I never dreamed I would!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Salad looks yum and I now have a real craving for stuffed peppers! I still havent tried the green monsters, I really want to try em but Im not buying kitchen equipment now until I get to England. Later in the year I will try them - glad you like em though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. mmm I bloody love stuffed peppers. I might make them for me and my boyfriend some time soon now that you've mentioned them in your blog. nom.

    ReplyDelete