Owls and stripes

28.8.10

I have to confess something. The Next voucher I had been saving for a rainy day (well, for when I get my own place) was just too tempting to resist and off I popped to treat myself to some new threads. To be fair it has been a while since I've bought any new clothes apart from the odd Primark bargain, and after the tough time I've had lately I thought it might cheer me up. And cheer me up it did!

I went in first and foremost to get some jeans and I was pleasantly surprised to find a gorgeous skinny pair in the colour I wanted. I turned over the price tag... £18! I thought it must be some kind of mistake. £18 for jeans is a total bargain! I tried them on and they were a great fit. Sold! Next up I spotted this delightful little top with a colourful owl print. It's slightly cropped but not enough to show any skin, and has some ruching around the bottom. It looks lovely on! The perfect little top to wear with jeans.


It's my new favourite outfit. I love it! 

I also picked up a couple of things to wear for work. I got a gorgeous striped shirt which is the perfect fit and reminds me of something Jack Wills would sell. Finally I got a simple pair of bootcut black trousers with a button detail. The office I work in is smart casual, no suits or anything like that, so I stick to a shirt or blouse on the top and trousers or a high waisted skirt on the bottom.

I really rate Next at the moment - their prices are affordable (gosh I'm getting old!) and they have some lovely things - both smart and casual. I'll definitely be popping in more often!

18 comments:

  1. It always cheers me up to get new clothes :) You had some great finds! I LOVE that owl top and what a bargain for those jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking exactly the same thing today. Next have come down in price a lot recently. I'm not paying Topshop's silly prices... I am evidently getting old too! I will definitely check out their jeans when I'm in town. Love the owl top too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. never really shopped at next but looks good, might have to have a look x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very nearly bought that owl top today in next! great minds! :P
    I love next too, they're so reasonably priced for what the clothes are.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next are really good, their prices for jeans are great too. I like the colour of the ones you picked up, im in need of a new pair so may have to pop in myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never really been a next fan but that owl top is so cute, i love it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww the owl top is cute and the jeans look fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww how lovely! The owl print is adorable :) I had a voucher for next to use up a while back and I ended up buying a smart dress for my graduation because I needed it but I was actually so tempted by their more casual range. £18 quid for jeans is good! I got a pair in the topshop sale for £20 and was so very chuffed with myself :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. popped into Next yesterday for the first time in years and was so impressed with their stuff! Looks like you found yourself some great bits, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that owl top, saw it instore last week, I think I may have to invest :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was flicking through the Next catalogue at Rob's parents' house the other night and was also impressed - they have some lovely pieces. Love the owls! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that top how cute :) Bargain price for jeans specially from next i thought your normally talking about £30+ a pair

    sarahseesall.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that striped shirt! Might just add it to my wishlist...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must say, that is a very adorable top :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Lucy Lights - It's a lovely shirt, nice fabric, fits like a dream, good length. I love it! Need to think of a jazzy way to wear it out of work too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That owl shirt is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like Next for their footwear one of the only places I know that does half sizes in shoes, makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete