My hair.

24.10.10

When I first started blogging back in June 2009 my hair was completely different to how it is now. It was kind of like this:


Short, bobbed and blonde with a bit of a side fringe. And I miss it dearly. I was blonde for about 6 years but my natural hair colour is a medium/dark brown. I took the plunge and went back to my roots, so to speak, at the beginning of this year as it was costing me a small fortune having my hair cut and coloured every month and quite frankly I could find better ways to use that money.

I have had my hair in all manner of ways over the past few years; 'pob'bed, bobbed, extensions, side fringe, full fringe, layers, inbetween, a variation of the above! And now it is just very long and very straight with a grown out full fringe that is slowly getting to a length where I can think about doing something with it.


It is fair to say it has grown a massive amount in the past year or so, and I have had lots of fun trying out treatments and such to keep it looking its best, such as this and this. I've also cut down on straightener use and, *hangs head in shame*, I have been going months and months between trims! I am well overdue for a hair cut and I think a bit of a tidy up on the ends and a side fringe would look nice and perhaps give it a bit more volume. Currently loving Zoe's amazing hair - it always looks so pretty!

I'll post some pictures as soon as I go for the chop!

18 comments:

  1. I love your hair how it is at the moment, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same position, I am well overdue a hair cut! I am almost tempted to go for a dramatic crop but it's taken so long for my hair to get this length so I think i will keep it a bit longer. Look forward to seeing what you do with yours anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Primp and Preen - Thank you!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your Zooey D inspired full fringe!!! But I know when I had mine I got bored so quickly as you can only ever really have one hair style, I think a cut in side fringe will look lovely - can't wait to see!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I think your hair is lovely how it is now. I have been growing mine for ages and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast so I am jealous of your long locks!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how much difference the colour makes - you look like a diff person lol...!! I love your hair now, it looks really healthy. Can't wait to see after pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flipping heck your hair has grown soo much! It looks fab. I too am loving Zoe's hair at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look stunning with both blonde and brown hair. Have to say though I love it brown. Really brings out your eyes. Welcome back to the brunette brigade! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair has grown so long! Im extremely envious :( x can't wait to see what changes you will do to it though! (exciting wait! haha :) )

    http://cupcakesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a transformation! I love how shiney and healthy your hair looks now. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! you're hair is so long and luscious! I am so desperately willing my hair to grow 'boobie-length" like yours. Plus the colour is lush, but you suit both blonde and brunette - both very pretty x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hair is in dire need of a cut. I went back to my root colour as well for the same reason - couldn't afford it every time the roots appeared.

    Zoes hair is fantastic :)

    http://teacupsandbuttondrops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowzers, your hair has grown alot. It looks lovely :).
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooo your hair is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look very happy and healthy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Youre a lucky lady, you look fab being blonde and brunette! cant get over how crazily long your hair as grown, it looks awesome missus :) do you ever get tempted to chop it all off? haha I swear il grow my hair and then I end up getting bored and going for the chop. i hate that 'mid' length - its gotta be super long or super short for me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your hair the way it is now. It really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your long, dark hair! I'm currently plucking up the courage to go dark - it's such a great look for winter, and so much richer and shinier than blonde! Gorgeous girl. x

    ReplyDelete