Snow day summary.

30.11.10

Today is a snow day for me. I've been stuck in Rotherham at Jonathan's house since I came over on Friday night because my diddy car isn't equipped to get me home. We set off to work this morning with another chap from our work to make the journey to Wakefield (about an hour away) and after several attempts to get up a hill, down an icy street, and round a slippy bend we decided to head home. The snow got heavier and we were glad to get home and get the kettle on!

 
I can't take the Pugs for a walk because the snow is deeper than their legs are long! I've perched their bed next to my feet by the radiator in an attempt to warm them up. I'm sat in a massive hoodie and a big woolly scarf and so far today I've had 4 cups of piping hot tea. Go away snow! I would rather be at work! Hopefully tomorrow's attempt to get there will be more successful.

To cheer me up, and because I've not done one for a while, here are my 5 good things:

1. A week on Thursday we're going to Paris for 4 nights! (weather permitting, of course). I'm so excited! Let's just hope the runway is clear enough to take off! :)

2. I made a start on my Crimbo shopping at the weekend, plus I did a little bit online too. I just need some pretty wrapping paper and a few other bits then I'm done. I love Christmas shopping - not so keen on the crowds though.

3. I have a big toffee cheesecake in the fridge, with my name on it.

4. Things are still going wonderfully well with Jonathan and it's fair to say I'm a very happy lady.

5. Tomorrow is 1 December which means Christmas is almost here!! Well, it means you can start opening your advent calendar (mine is a Peppa Pig one) so the countdown can begin at least!

15 comments:

  1. I love your 5 things, I'm meant to be going to Paris tomorrow- fingers crossed we get there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Claireyfairy - I hope you make it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in Wakefield too and the snow is definitely ruining my life! Hope you have an amazing time in Paris :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jo - it's awful isn't it! Fed.up :( x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow is ok if you don't have to get around in a car! Our car has currently been left half way across the city, poor thing!

    Wrap up warm for Paris, I went a couple of weeks ago and I have never felt cold like it in my life! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow here is incredible! Two feet of it! I really want to phone into work but they know I can walk in! Curses!

    Georgie
    xx

    (Chanel giveaway when I hit 100 followers)
    http://styleprincessdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bet youre excited about paris :) at least you made an effort to go to work... makes you feel less bad for having to come home again. OH well ;) Your peppa big advent calendar sounds yummy... mmm and so does the toffee cheesecake! its my teabreak now so I may need to venture up to the canteen and see what sweet treats they have on offer today :) hope the rest of your day has been a cosy one love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really hope you manage to get to Paris! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was minus 18 in Paris at the weekend! I hope you don't freeze to death! I really wish I was up North at the minute, Yorkshire is so pretty when it snows x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a minnie mouse advent calendar for the big child in me =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rotherham! we should defo meet up i bet im about 15 mins away from you!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a very lovely trip to Paris and i hope the snow settles down for you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you get out of Rotherham soon. My boyfriend's from there too and he's had to stsy at home today as he can't get his car off the street to get to work. He had an important meeting too. Ah well!
    He lives 2 hours' drive away from me and was planning to come and see me at the weekend but that's looking unlikely now.
    At least you two have each other. Awwww xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've got a peppa pig advent calender too! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you get heated up :)

    Have a great day

    Amey

    http://teacupsandbuttondrops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete