A look back...

30.12.10

Last year I blogged a list of resolutions for 2010 and I started thinking earlier this week; I wonder how many I have achieved. Some have happened accidentally, others on purpose, so here's a little round up ready for my 2011 resolutions.
♥ Learn a new skill or take up a new hobby - not a good start - this didn't happen much at all. Must be more specific for 2011!

♥ Find the right job - this happened by accident but I'm very glad it did. I started working for my current company in an assistant PA/secretary position but when a position in HR came up I was asked if I'd like the job. I jumped at the chance, and 10 months later I can honestly say it's the first job I've had that I enjoy.

♥ Grow more confidence - I guess I have grown in confidence a little bit. I've lost weight and I'm much happier appearance wise. And meeting Jonathan has given me a bit of a boost too :)

♥ Have more 'me' time - I certainly had plenty of this when I was on my own in the Summer following my break up. It was good, but ever so scary.


♥ Learn to stop worrying so much about EVERYTHING!- this definitely did.not.happen.

♥ Learn to play an instrument - I learnt to play Let It Be on the keyboard (with both hands!) which is a good start surely.. no!?

♥ Eat a little less and move around a little more - this happened in a bigger way than I ever thought possible. I am 1/2 stone less than my ideal weight always was which is just crazy. More about that soon!

♥ Shop in charity shops and buy more vintage things - I did this a little, yes. Mainly for nik naks around the house, because I'm such a failure at second hand clothes shopping.

♥ Give up some of my time to help others - honestly, and selfishly, no. This year has been very tough for me, but I'm hoping 2011 will see more time for thinking of others before myself.

♥ Learn to cook - Jonathan has taught me a few recipes and I'm slowly gaining confidence in the kitchen, but I'm no Nigella :)

15 comments:

  1. Lovely post to read. Thank you for sharing and best wishes for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always make a list of resolutions but never seem to follow them all through, So now I kind of decide to make a few and try to stick to them without feeling like a let down if I fail... Hi by the way :) I just discovered your blog and im glad I did xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last quote! Having followed your blog over the last year or so I think you have achieved so much to be proud of, breaking out on your own and finding your feet again after a serious relationship can't have been easy. It's so nice to see you happy with your new man too, I really wish you all the best for 2011! Onwards and upwards as my Mum would say!

    Oh and keep up with the cooking practice, being able to put a delicious meal together gives me such a high and they do say that the way to a mans heart is through his stomach!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely post, I think you've done so well with your resolutions I'd never even keep that many! Hope you have a lovely NYE and an AMAZING 2011 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are without a doubt one of my favourite bloggers. So genuine and don't pretend you are perfect and everything is fine. You share your hopes, wishes and failures with us all and it is inspiring :)

    I can't wait to see your 2011 resolutions and look forward to seeing you work through them!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, I always write a list of resolutions but they never end up working out..you've given me some ideas for this year though! Hope you have a Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hopeless at second hand clothes shopping! Always manage to find a dvd that i have to have though...

    A great site for cooking is supercook, you just enter the ingriedients you have and it will provide a list of recipes, it's given me some new ideas loads of times.

    Have a good new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww enjoyd this post! I did my resolutions with the new academic year as I find it easier to motivate with the longer days :)

    Glad you are happy and healthy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone - you have really made my day with your nice comments.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post, inspired me to write down a few little things I want to achieve in 2011 :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. @GlamourSkittle - I'm so glad I could inspire you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you've achieved loads this year and I hope you have a great 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What you've achieved this year has been great!

    I never stuck to any of my resolutions lol! So for 2011 I'm not making any! I'll be sticking to small attainable goals lol.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post hun! Youve done a lot this year, and in fact you're very inspiring.
    I need to start thinking of some new year resolutions ASAP! :s

    x o x o

    ReplyDelete
  15. well done on the weight loss hunny thats amazing!! Such a good idea to look back and see what you've acheived! x

    ReplyDelete