Happy birthday to you.

30.3.11

Yesterday Jonathan turned 28 and we had the day off work too. It was the best day ever. Couldn't have been better if we'd tried! We got up early (I say got up, the dogs woke us up at 6.30. Thanks Pugs!) and I made scrambled eggs on toast and plenty of tea, then Jonathan opened his card and presents from me.

I had 3 long walks in the glorious sunshine - 2 with the Pugs and one with Jonathan. It certainly makes a change going for a walk and not getting rained on! We headed out past the house that we like, and back again, for a nosy.

I cooked dinner and good old Nigella came to the rescue with one of her recipes; Spanish Chicken and Chorizo. It was surprisingly simple to make (I'll talk about that another day) but it was gorgeous. So many flavours going on but not too overpowering.


Then it was time for the cheesecake I made (an Oreo Cookie & Cream cheesecake to be precise) which I started the night before and finished off yesterday morning. I've never made a cheesecake before and thought it would go disasterously wrong, but it turned out great. It was so yummy! And Jonathan loved it as it's his favourite cheesecake ever. He also seemed to like the candles and my horrendous rendition of "Happy Birthday".

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely day! Happy birthday to Johnathon for yesterday! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw happy birthday to him. and oreo and cream cheesecake sounds amaizng, please share the recipe soon!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy b-day to Jonathan :)

    twitter @divalicious_m
    --Michelle (singer from Korea)http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day! :) Happy birthday to Johnathon! x

    I'm having a giveaway if you wanna check it out! :) xx
    http://hazzaapee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really does sound like the perfect day! Happy Birthday to Jonathon. You are such a good girlfriend :) That cheescake looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Jonathan! Sounds like you had a lovely day. I remember me and Dylan checking out our house over and over before we moved in, exciting times! Cheesecake looks amazing btw xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Jonathon! :)

    The cheesecake looks lovely!

    Looking forward to hearing about the Spanish Chicken and Chorizo....sounds yummy!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh i made Nigella's chicken and chorizo tonight - what a coincidence! Delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect day! That cheesecake looks divine- share the recipe? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds lovely :}

    phwoarrrr that cheesecake looks delish!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday!! The day sounds lovely, the cheesecake looks divine, and I know what you mean about Nigella's Spanish Chicken. It's Mr L's speciality and is so yummy with a little green salad. I'm craving it now.. thanks! lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cheesecake sounds absolutely amazing! I've never made a cheesecake before either but I'm going to have a go at making New York Cheesecake on Monday. I also discovered we can make the baked cheesecakes in our slow cooker so I'm going to have a go at one of those soon too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete