Jillian Michaels, I love you.

2.3.11

I've tried many a home workout in my time but none as effective and enjoyable as 30 Day Shred and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism by Jillian Michaels. Love her or loathe her, she sure does a good workout dvd!

I first came across 30 Day Shred last year and I got stuck in, until I stalled on level 2. I have dipped in and out of it ever since using levels 1 and 2 as a workout between jogging. Last month I purchased Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which has now taken over as my favourite form of exercise. It is TOUGH. It hurts. It makes me feel like I'm going to throw up. But I LOVE it! (I realise how twisted that sounds). I like it because it makes me feel strong, and I have to really push hard. I like being able to see and feel results, and I look forward to improving on each move.


The thing I like about working out at home is that you don't have to shell out for gym membership, or buy expensive equipment. You just need your body and some willpower. 30 Day Shred just requires some weights - I picked up this set last year and they've done me proud ever since. The handy carry case means you can take them out and about with you - I spend weekends at my boyfriend's house and do my workout while he is at ice hockey or sometimes while he just sits and observes the spectacle that it is :)

Banish Fat Boost Metabolism requires no weights - just a mat to support your knees if you are working out on a hard floor. It is a circuit-style workout so you can pick the sections you want to do (e.g. kick boxing, cardio or the plank exercises) or be a bad ass like me and do the whole workout from start to finish. If the moves weren't tough enough already each set is repeated so if there's a move you particularly hate or struggle with, it comes around again. I've got my eye on 6 week Six Pack for a new challenge!

In the words of Jillian, "this is not your Mother's workout"

18 comments:

  1. With you all they way!! I love her (perhaps a little too much)
    I was following your tweets last year and found myself involved in the 30 day shred when you were (you would make a good sales woman!!). Got though levels 1 and 2 and nearly died at level 3!!
    Must dig this back out actually...
    Ive just bought the biggest loser for the Xbox which is with Kinect. Unlike you I dont dare let the boy watch me "strutting my stuff" and so so far Ive not got passed the fitness test!! WILL TRY HARDER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'll have to have a look at this!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this dvd, I hate going to the gym but really feel like I need to start doing more exercising. I've got amazon loading as I'm writing this ;-). Also, I have the same dumb bells and agree that they are a good set to have! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realise she had other DVDs out. I bought th 30 Day Shred last year and never got past level 1, which I did between gym sessions. Then stopped exercising all together. Now I'm just getting back into going to the gym again and I hope to eventually start foing The Shred too. A six pack in 6 weeks sounds fab though! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love her dvds! great post :) ive only tried 30 day shred but that second one you mentioned sounds great!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...traigo
    sangre
    de
    la
    tarde
    herida
    en
    la
    mano
    y
    una
    vela
    de
    mi
    corazón
    para
    invitarte
    y
    darte
    este
    alma
    que
    viene
    para
    compartir
    contigo
    tu
    bello
    blog
    con
    un
    ramillete
    de
    oro
    y
    claveles
    dentro...


    desde mis
    HORAS ROTAS
    Y AULA DE PAZ


    COMPARTIENDO ILUSION
    VICTORIA

    CON saludos de la luna al
    reflejarse en el mar de la
    poesía...




    ESPERO SEAN DE VUESTRO AGRADO EL POST POETIZADO DE MONOCULO NOMBRE DE LA ROSA, ALBATROS GLADIATOR, ACEBO CUMBRES BORRASCOSAS, ENEMIGO A LAS PUERTAS, CACHORRO, FANTASMA DE LA OPERA, BLADE RUUNER ,CHOCOLATE Y CREPUSCULO 1 Y2.

    José
    Ramón...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I have 30 day shred and loved it! Would be really interested in trying some of her other DVD's too .

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHHHH! Ive got this! Altho weirdly mine is green? It is SO good! God it is tough, but like she says, if you're not winded, you're not working hard enough!lol. But really, I dont understnad why people dont like it because it's too hard, surely if it's too comfortable you wouldnt find any results! I have already seen results, which is worrying as ive only been doing it two weeks! My boyfriend did it the other day and by god he couldnt believe how hard it was! He said he knew it'd be hard, but not THAT hard! And he is quite fit!

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just about to buy the 30 day shred on amazon! I find most workout DVDs too weak and not a good enough workout, but always hear good things about jillian michaels - your blog post has just made me impulse buy it! luckily it's only £4.99, what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard so much about this, I might have to invest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmm, i think i will have to get my paws on this one soon.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want Banish Fat Boost Metabolism now!! I think Jillian is amazing, the 30 day shred is the best DVD workout that I've tried, and I've tried a lot!!

    I'd appreciate if you could check out my post on the 30 day shred...

    http://charlottescollection.blogspot.com/2011/02/promise-to-me.html

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the 30 Day Shred. This DVD sounds great too - might have to try this out as it's always good to have some variety! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://rhapsodyinheels-kristin.blogspot.com/

    please follow, I'm following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good on you , If you feel like you need more of a push you should try http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do

    OMg it is intense. It's what I am using to get my wedding dress ready.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been doing the 30 day shred for quite a while but just fancied trying something new out and this being called fat burning sounds right up my street!
    I don't know if you have already checked this out but I have been following some pilates workout on youtube and its amazing can definitely feel it working, the girls username is blogilates, should check it out and see if you like it! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved 30 day shred!! Really want to try these new ones but can't find any in region 2?!

    http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You inspired me so much that I bought I on amazon.com for a few dollars (I think 3 0r 4). I haven't started yet, but I really want to.
    Thanks!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete