Recent happenings in picture form.

11.3.11

Knitting. I'm really getting the hang of it now and have even picked up a bit of speed! I'm knitting a few scarves at the moment but hope to move on to a few other bits and bobs very soon. When Summer rolls around I'm going to be inundated with scarves!


Ice hockey warm up. We went to watch Sheffield vs Nottingham last weekend and they do this before the game starts. We lost which was a tad annoying but it's always good to go and watch all the same.


Cooking. Jonathan and I, with some help from his Sister, cooked dinner for his family a couple of weekends ago. We made two curries - a lamb rogan josh and a chicken one which involved marinating the chicken for a few hours before hand and the smell was absolutely amazing! We went to a nearby spice shop and they were selling homemade naan bread so we got some of those too and put some garlic and coriander on the top, plus some rice. It was all so tasty.


Wool shopping. I do this a lot. In fact I'm looking online as we speak!


Jonathan having a cuddle with Lola. I know it looks like he's got her in a head lock but I swear she laid there for ages in cuddle heaven! Also Jonathan is wearing my jumper so I hope he doesn't read this..


Finding little surprises on my desk at work from Jonathan. Faces on fruit can't help but make you smile!

17 comments:

  1. You and your boyfriend sound like such a lovely couple :)
    I didn't realise there was even proper ice hockey in the UK! I'm obsessed with the NHL so this makes me very happy haha :') ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw your boyfriend sounds super sweet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh that food looks gorgeous, can i come for tea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! do you go to watch Sheffield Steelers all the time? I was in nottingham watching this game :')
    Ice hockey is deffo the best :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I was in nottingham watching this game :') obviously supporting the Steelers!
    do you go alot?
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jodie - My boyfriend supports them massively but I only go every so often.

    It was only a small section of us there, might have seen ya!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really? thats so cool :) yeah I support them massively I might know him or recognise him.

    I was sat in block 2 row q I think!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to marry this man!
    Any guy who draws faces on fruit to induce happiness is 100% marriage material.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i want to learn to knit! my mum tried to teach me but i'm too impatient! love these pics, your boyfriend sounds lovely. xo.
    gh0stparties.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm that curry & the naan looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pics cracked a smile, love em! :D

    Feel free to enter my giveaway here btw:
    http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmm Curry and Naan.... my boyfriend is allergic so I hardly even have it :( - I hate him sometimes (kidding of course but I do love curry).
    Love knitting, my grandmother taught me but I can still only knit it strait lines so lots of scarves it is! I'd love to learn how to do socks with double ended needles but I think that is way out of my ability range!
    Beth @ Baking and Brogues
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad life is treating you so well lately. That cuddle pic so cute...who cares if he's wearing your sweatshirt?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh I love Rogan Josh... my curry of choice! :) Is it easy to make?

    ReplyDelete
  15. aw you two sounds so cutee :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You sound like such a lovely couple :). I faces of the fruit is cute haha...

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. good work on the knitting. you will be knitting jumpers in no time. i have a couple of cute patterns for jumpers if u want a copy. your pugs are adorable, i want a puppy so badly

    ReplyDelete