Catch up.

22.5.11

This weekend has flown by. More so than they usually do. It seems like only two minutes ago I was packing my weekend bag and the Pugs into my car and heading to Rotherham to spend the weekend at Jonathan's house. Anyway, I thought a little catch up post was in order as the weekend draws to a close.

Recently my Uncle turned 50 and last night he threw a party to celebrate with family and friends. It was such a good do - lots of yummy food and plenty of drink flowing. It was nice to catch up with some family that I haven't seen in a while, and see my Sister and her fiance who have moved back from Gibraltar. My parents are throwing a big bbq at some point in the next few weeks so I'll look forward to that too!

I'm on the hunt for a camera at the moment. In fact I'm desperate for a camera, as I've had to rely on just my iPhone for the past 8 months which takes reasonable photos outside but doesn't do so well inside. I'm looking for something fairly cheap (obv!) but easy to use that can produce good quality pics. I really like the Fujifilm S1600 and have heard good things about Fujifilm cameras.

However, my camera-buying will have to wait as I got my eyes tested yesterday (I'm a glasses wearer but rarely wear them in photos). Turns out my prescription has changed so much the optician told me off a little bit. It worked out cheaper to get a brand new pair than to put new lenses in my current pair, so I'm picking up my new specs tomorrow. I must admit, it will be nice to see properly again!

Some pictures I'm currently loving:

10 comments:

  1. Oh, my boyfriend is gettin me a new camera for my birthday and I really like the look of that one!
    Glad you had a nice weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your pictures. Beauty to my eyes <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that sailor quote! :) Sounds like you had a lovely weekend, the best ones always fly by so fast! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these photos - the umbrella and falling hearts is really cute :-)

    Little Rachael
    Little Rachael
    Little Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I definitely recommend that camera. I don't own it, but my friends do and they took the most amazing pictures of us at our wedding last Saturday. Amazing quality and they captured even the quickest moments perfectly, like our first kiss. I must admit some of there pictures were the favourites we got. Enough product raving. haha.
    You weekend sounds lovely. I can't believe your sister and her fiance have moved back from Gibraltar... we're hoping to move out there sometime this year for good.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you get that camera I would absolutely LOVE it if you let us all know what you think of it! I'm also looking for a new cheap camera that takes decent pictures when I'm out and about! I also want to make videos on it! The weekend had flown by for me too, sadtimes!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sight is getting worse every year (not some dramatic changes but still), but I couldn't live now without contact lenses. Some of the friends who know me for years don't even know I wear glasses! HA HA! :) X



    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photos you've shared! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 'Awake Is the New Sleep' is a guy named Bee lee's album cover. :) He's amazing. :D 'Look up Catch my disease' - ben lee. It's seriously amazing! (: i sound like i'm a cult fan. :P But im actually not. :L

    ReplyDelete
  10. Youve been a busy gal eh, no wonder your weekend went in so quick! :) Look forward to seeing your new specs missy, I got my new ones last week too, my prescription had changed majorly haha. Ooops... (thats what I get for not wearing them) x

    ReplyDelete