Mollie Makes: issue 1.

30.5.11

When Rebecca recently blogged about a new magazine called Mollie Makes I knew I had to get a copy. I've always fancied subbing to a crafts magazine but some of the others on the shelves seem to be either too full on (e.g. not for a relative beginner like me) or granny-tastic.

It took me a while to track down a copy - Mollie Makes is hard to find! But it was worth the hunt. Mollie Makes is packed full of knitting and sewing projects (some suitable for beginners, others a little more advanced), links to blogs and craft supply stores, photos of people's homes and vintage finds, and generally just lots of visual goodness.


I'm definitely going to buy issue 2 when it comes out. I like the idea of reading a magazine from the beginning and keeping each issue. Plus now I have a knitting mojo back it's ideal to give me ideas and inspiration for things I can make for myself and as gifts for others.

Have you managed to get your hands on a copy?

13 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that but it looks very, very good - something of my tastes. I am totally not into "granny type" magazines (like you said) - so I'll check this one out for sure! X


    P.S. Don’t forget about my giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like such a lovely magazine, where did you manage to find a copy? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to learn how to knit for ages but have never got around to it, this magazine looks greats. Something to look for when I get started! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Katie - I got one from WH Smiths at White Rose centre (Leeds). No other WH Smiths near me had any! :/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a copy in Tesco, flicked through it, saw the price and thought Nah... Then I saw all these fab reviews of it & wished I had picked it up - I can't find it anywhere now. Will def get issue 2 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read about this somewhere else on blogger and it seems a really good idea for a magazine. Hopefully it's not too expensive is it? I might have to go see if the WHSmiths in York have a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of mine recently got it and she too raved about it. Think I will have to track it down! The only other magazine that I find consistently good is Crossstitcher magazine, I subscribe to that. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks amazing... I spy a 'HOME' cushion that I MUST have! Or maybe make! Where did you eventually find it? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That magazine looks so good! I love the frame with the heart made from badges, will have to keep a lookout for it... xo

    http://louisejoyb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You might also like Vintage Life magazine (whsmiths). It's got loads of tips on how to do vintage-inspired make-up. I just thought it was really quirky and lovely when I came across it a few months ago xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool magazine, I've always wanted to know how to sew, seems like such a great hobby :) Thanks for sharing <3

    http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh i want to check it out!!! hopefully i can source it in Australia. love all these crafty little things.
    oh btw am knitting a doggy jacket for my dog Lily, its looking really cute! drop by in a week and i will have photos of the jacket

    ReplyDelete