Day off.

17.6.11

I have had the day off work today. Not for any particular reason, I just needed a wee break and a long weekend seemed like a good idea. Jonathan is off work today too but he's watching cricket in Headingley with some friends so I have had the house to myself. After a little sleep in I had breakfast then popped to Morrisons to get a few things. I decided I would make a lemon cheesecake for our anniversary celebrations tomorrow, so I picked up the things I needed for that and some other goodies. I don't know if shopping on a morning makes a difference but my basket was basically full of food from the fruit, veg and fish section. I was all over it!

The topping didn't go as thick as I expected but 24 hours in the fridge should do the trick. The recipe I used is this one. So simple, even an idiot like me could follow it! I had a sneaky taste and it was lovely, so fingers crossed it turns out well tomorrow. I always make a mini version on a seperate plate to make sure it's edible before serving up the finished article!

As there are only a couple of weeks left until my Race for Life event (argghh!) I went for a jog this afternoon but only managed 2k before I headed home. Jogging is just not my forte, I have to admit. I find it so difficult. To make up for my disappointing jog I did a Zumba abs workout which was about 25 minutes long, and I felt better after that.

I wasn't too hungry at lunchtime so I had some salad with french dressing, carrot sticks and houmous. Plus a Green Monster to drink. I got full unbelievably quickly - probably the Green Monster's fault. I went back for the rest of my carrots and houmous later on. I could literally dip food in houmous all day long, and this caramelised onion one from Morrisos is awesome!

Right now I'm going to take Lily and Lola on a walk then I'm heading to Leeds to have tea at my Mum and Dad's house. If you spot a little white Smart car on the M1 give me a wave!

10 comments:

  1. Mmm I LOVE homous and agree that the caramelised onion one is lush!
    Sounds like you've had a lovely chilled out day off. I might have to try out that cheesecake recipe - never made one before! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck for your race for life. Mine is on the 3rd July in Aberdeen :)....going to be doing it with a pink pirate beside me :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yum! Sounds like a relaxing day spent off. Enjoy your anniversary weekend :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh your food always looks so healthy... I wish I could eat well, but literally don't like practically anything healthy :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of the cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the green monster a pre made drink or did you whizz up lots of healthy stuff in the blender?

    Oh! I saw this and thought of you .. you've probably seen it before but it's so cute! lol
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/34335007/pugs-not-drugs-tote-bag

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could literally eat homous alllllllll day. Caramelised onion is my fave. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, even your cake making skills are better than mine! I can make three, yes - THREE (edible) things in the kitchen: scrambled eggs, toast and a salad. I'm extremely lucky to have a boyfriend who loves to cook! ;)

    Fingers crossed for your race for life training - I've entered 5k Adidas Women's Challenge (11 Sept in Hyde Park) and am running more-or-less OK, BUT in the gym - I have yet to try out the pavements and am a little bit scared... :/ X


    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep on running! You might feel disheartened now but honestly, anyone can run. Have you tried using the couch to 5k app?

    ReplyDelete