Vintage books & Root Beer.

5.6.11

Yesterday Jonathan and I had a drive to Sheffield to visit a few shops - a few weeks back we went to Pizza Express for tea and I spotted some amazing gift shops and an old book shop (but sadly they were closed) so we said we would go back, and as we were at a loose end yesterday afternoon off we went.

If you're familiar with Sheffield then you'll know the shops I mean - an amazing place called Within Reason which sells a host of things for the home. I pretty much wanted to buy everything. They had all kinds of mugs, kitchenalia, furniture, coat hooks, vintage telephones, and trinkets. 

We also had a look round a vintage book shop which was like an Aladdin's cave of books and old records. When Jonathan and I get a house together we're going to get a big old bookcase and go back to this shop for some amazing books. 

 

After a quick pit stop for lunch at a little deli (grilled chicken, bacon, rocket and sweet chilli sauce sandwich) we went into a small indoor shopping place which had vintage boutiques and a little place that sold handmade clothes. Think peter pan collars on everything - I was in clothes heaven as I'm fairly partial to a peter pan collar. Then I spotted the shop selling sweets and drinks from America. Whenever I go on holiday to America I swig Root Beer and eat knobbly Cheetos like they're going out of fashion. I also love Baby Ruth's so I grabbed one of those too, and an Almond Snickers. Yum! I'll definitely be going back soon for some Lucky Charms, Fluff and Flipz!


On the way back to the car I spotted a green Nissan Figaro - my favourite car ever and I fully intend to own a duck egg blue Figaro one day. I hope the owner didn't spot me taking this sneaky picture, but I absolutely love them!


What did you get up to yesterday?

16 comments:

  1. My love for Nissan Figaro's is fairly recent but my computer already houses LOADS of pictures of them and I scour eBay all the time for them. I don't drive however but the need for one of these cars is making me definitely want to learn again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute car isnt it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also would really like a Figaro !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been away from blogger for the past week or so, Ive just spent this morning catching up on posts and a few of yours which I missed. Sounds like such a lovely little day you two had. That sandwich looks amazing, and so does those american goodies! Yum! :) hope youre well lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, it looks as if you had a very lovely day! I love vintage books too; it's always been a secret little dream of mine to have a library full of books in my house one day, much like on Beauty and The Beast! I'm ever so jealous that you managed to find Cheetos here in England, I love to eat them when we're on holiday :)
    I hope you have a great Sunday :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love figaros too! When I was looking for cars I really contemplated one of these and they're not actually that expensive, so so cute

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. As soon as I arrive in sheffield in 2 weeks, I am going to those shops! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that car! Those cars are so sweet, and I love that colour.
    Mmm American food...my fave is peanut butter m&ms! I wish they did them over here! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Id love a figaro! I like the beige or purple ones! Looks and sounds like such a nice time to be had! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Figaro me and my mum both adore them!! THere is one on my street in a gorgeous pale blue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not discovered this sweetie place yet - think a trip up Div St is in order!! :)

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That car is lovely! I'm really jealous of your American noms mmm!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo Lucky Charms! I wasn't allowed these as a child as the E numbers used to turn me into hyperactive demon child! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where abouts in sheffield is the small indoor shopping centre? I'm from Leeds so it's not a million miles away and may have to pay it a visit ? X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Waaah literally this is the car of my dreams.. I have sooo many pictures, everytime I see one im like THERES MY CAR! It's my mission in life to own one, so far I have £4 saved :( x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love American sweets! They sell fluff in sainburrys which doesn't cost a fortune!

    ReplyDelete