Zumba & lemon cheesecake.

20.6.11

My weekend mainly involved falling over and hurting myself, good food and a little bit of Zumba.


The lemon cheesecake I made on Friday was a success confirmed after a tasting session on Saturday (2 pieces in a row, why not). The topping didn't go as firm as I hoped it would but it tasted perfect - just the right amount of lemon. I'd definitely make this again, and I recommend it for any cheesecake-making-virgins as the recipe is so simple. Here's the recipe if you didn't see the link in my other post.

I spent the whole weekend feeling a little worse for wear. Late Friday evening I was reading a magazine in bed when a car alarm started to go off. I shot out of bed to look out of the window but the laminate floor was slippy (my fault - I had spray tanned before bed!) and my foot shot out from beneath me, I slipped sideways and landed on the metal bed frame. I have a bruise the size of a melon on my side - hideous!

I recovered in time to try out my new Zumba dvds and I'm addicted already. The first time I did it some of the moves were difficult to keep up with but after a couple more attempts I'm hooked! It is so much fun and really works up a sweat. I'm definitely going to add Zumba into my workout routine along with my old pal Jillian Michaels.

I'll leave you with some pictures of food I made with my own fair hands over the weekend - salmon with lime and coriander, broccoli and homemade chips (seasoned with salt, garlic and thyme) and macaroni cheese with onion and bacon - YUM! Plus my little helper in the kitchen.

21 comments:

  1. Mmmm that food looks divine!!! I love anything with fish and broccoli! I'm addicted. I've always wanted to try zumba, I might buy a dvd xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cheesecake looks yum and your little helper is sooo cute!! Hope you're ok after your fall, sounds nasty!!
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cheescake looks so yummy! I want a piece, pretty please!!! :) X


    P.S. Don’t forget about my new giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I absolutely love cheesecake and yours looks delicious! All the food in this post looks stunning - nom nom :) x

    lauramarycoyne.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What zumba DVDs are you using? I'd love to get some and give it a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm the cheesecake looks really good - thanks for the recipe, definitely going to try it!
    Your fall sounds horrible - hope you're ok! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mac &cheese looks tasty! I never thought of putting in onions into my mac & cheese. Will you post a recipe for it?

    P.S. I can't tell if that's Lily or Lola, but your little helper adorable anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that food looks delicious, especially the mac & cheese, could you maybe post the recipe for it? I always enjoy reading your food posts :]

    Hope you're okay after your fall x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm your food is making me so hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely starving after reading this post! You look like an awesome cook!!!

    Lois xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cheesecake looks amazing! You look like an amazing good! xxx

    http://allthingsprettyandsparkly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cheesecake looks so good! Hope your head feels better, sounds awful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch that fall sounds nasty! Hope your ok my sweet x. That cheesecake on the other hand looks amazing and is actually making my mouth water and homemade chips are the best! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh I so fancy lemon cheesecake right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to give zumba a go. Your food looks mouthwatering and your little pug is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that lemon cheesecake looks amazing!!! I will deffinitely be checking out this recipe x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. All this food looks so delicious!

    I'd love to give Zumba a go...although I have no hand-foot co-ordination whatsoever so that puts me off a little :P

    Your little helper is so adorable too ^.^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. that looks so delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cheesecake looked so delicious I made it for my best friend's birthdayparty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made the cake recently for my father's birthday.
    I also topped the cake with blueberries and red currants to give it a more skandinavian touch. You can see a picture on my blog.

    ReplyDelete