Catch up.

21.7.11

Finding the time to blog recently has been very tricky. If I didn't have my trusty iPhone I would miss out on pretty much everything going on in the bloggy world! Work has been very hectic recently, plus Lily and Lola keep my hands full, and I've been busy enjoying life with Jonathan. Must make more time to sit down with a brew, keep up with my favourite blogs (and find new favourites of course!) and comment.

Lily & far too many legs!

Last weekend was a busy one catching up with family; my own on Sunday and Jonathan's on Saturday. This involved eating copious amounts of food and puddings, including orange and vanilla pannacota hand made by my wonderful Mum. I took a picture and moments later it was gone, not a speck left in sight!
 
Helping to prepare food for a BBQ - including smoked mackerel pate which is DIVINE!

The weather was a total let down and the fact I had to wear tights in JULY(!) was very upsetting. Fingers crossed for an improvement this weekend (anyone else going to the Tramlines festival this weekend?)


I recently started to read 'the perks of being a wallflower' when it plopped through the door from Amazon and so far it is completely random but a very good read. Anyone else read this one? I have to be honest - I bought it for the cover and nothing else *shallow*.


In other news Jonathan and I viewed a house, fell in love, and want to live there happily ever after. More news on this very soon.

18 comments:

  1. I've read the perks of being a wallflower but mine has a different cover, a plain green one. I really liked it, although I did read it when I was like 16, so was in the midst of teenagehood myself! It's quite an odd book but very thought provoking. It's being made into a film with Emma Watson x

    balancelightharmony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the perks of being a wallflower gets the piss taken out of it quite badly on the internet i find. like the "in this moment we were lol jk" memes haha. you'll understand when you finish it i think! i still enjoyed it though, i'd probs read it again. love lily b'awww xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting news about the house, hope that works out for you. I've just recently got into eating more fish including mackerel, I've never had mackerel pate before?! Do you make it yourself?
    Love the dress by the way, where's it from? xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange and Vanilla pannacotta - erm yes, I'm dribbling! looks diiivine! well done mum! :)

    Fingers crossed for the house you've both fallen for! We've just moved from a house I fell in love with - boo! Stupid jobs. Ha Ha!

    Keep us updated on your progress!
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love lily's picture! she's so adorable :) i've read perks of being a wallflower and i remember not being all that impressed. but maybe i didn't really get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg I am in love with your pugs! They are so adorable! My boyfriend and I also want to get one but really need to wait til we can move out together (so it won't be for a while). So please keep the adorable photos of them coming!
    All the best with the house you've found, hope you have good news to blog about soon! :-)

    Love Steph Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love 'the perks of being a wallflower' quite possibly one of the most random things ive ever read but really good!! def makes you think xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Victoria, I NEED that dress you're wearing!
    Would you mind telling me where it's from?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perks of being a wallflower is such a good book, definitely worth the read and there's a film version coming out soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't even mention the weather or I'm gonna CRY! :( Wearing spring jacket in July is not summer. It's a bummer. :( X

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never read it but it sounds interesting.

    Never made panacotta this you may have just chosen Sunday's pudding for us!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love smoked mackerel pate - thought it was only my mum and nan who made it lol!! Lily looks so cute in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Janie - it is from the Chelsea Girl range in River Island :) It actually went into the sale recently too. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Onyx - yes, we use a recipe of Jonathan's Mum. But it's smoked mackerel with cottage cheese and a couple of other bits which have slipped my mind :)

    It's amazing with french bread!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Urg, the weather is actually horrible! Sounds like a lovely week though xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Perks of Being a Wallflower is probably my favourite book ever. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh i love that book! One of my absolute favourites and i'm so excited that it's being made into a film!

    Hope you've enjoyed reading it xx

    www.hannahelizabeth21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete