Review: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (Jillian Michaels).

25.8.11

You all know I love a bit of Jillian Michaels and I'm into keeping fit at home. No gym membership over here! I thought it may be of use to some of you fitness newbies and experts alike to review the dvds that I own and use regularly, to give you some ideas for your own workouts.

The first dvd I'll share with you is Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. First of all it's £5.99 with free delivery on Amazon so it's not exactly going to break the bank. Secondly, it is brilliant!

Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is my all time favourite workout dvd and at the moment I try to do this one 3 times a week. But boy is it tough. Even after several months of using it a few times a week I still find it a challenge, but this is a good thing! I like the challenge and being able to work up to doing it all the way through without pressing 'pause'. I did manage this once, just the once!


It is very energetic and includes a mixture of cardio moves (for example star jumps, knee ups, burpies) along with squats, kick boxing and ab moves. The variety and fast paced nature of the workout keeps it interesting and moving along nicely. 

I find some of the moves really good fun, and others slightly challenging (I don't think I'll ever master doing burpies at the same speed as this!) but all in all there's nothing massively impossible here. Plus the dvd is broken up into sections so if you want to skip a section that you particularly dislike then you can.

The workout itself is about 40/45 minutes plus a warm up of 5 minutes or so, so it's not a quick blast like the 30 Day Shred, but if you want to feel and look better in a short space of time then this is the workout for you.

It sounds odd but I like a workout to leave me knackered and feeling like I have actually done something. This is 'that' all over. 

Do let me know if you have this one or if you get it based on my recommendation keep me posted :)

14 comments:

  1. Think I need to get comfortable with the 30 Day Shred before progressing onto this. Already seeing *and feeling* results though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, I've been looking for an exercise program to do at home as I find the wii fit and wii zumba do nothing for me anymore, after attending hardcore boxing classes for the past 6 months, the wii doesn't make me sweat anymore (gross but necessary)
    I also love your weight loss story post, over the past year I have very slowly lost just over 2 stone and am now around 10 stone, but reading your blog has just inspired me to up my exercise and lose the rest to have the body I really want! so Thank you! xxx

    hannah-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got this - it's my favourite work out! When I first tried this, I felt noticeably slimmer the next day. It works wonders for your metabolism. I prefer this to 30 day shred:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this!!!! I found it SO SO hard! I too like having that feeling of knackeredness after exercising! However, I found this really hard to keep up. I think it might be to do with the fact that I live with other people and so it's not as simple to simply do it as and when! I'm back at the gym although at £30 a month, wish I could find other satisfying ways to keep the weight off! Do you do anything else apart from this? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm might give it a whirl seeing as me and the Zumba just can't get on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, those burpies kill me!! I totally agree w/you, this is my fave workout dvd too. I did it for months in a row and it was still challenging every time! Especially when I first started, my face would be beet-red by the time I was done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks interesting, i'm a zumba kind of girl, but its so tough as well. i wonder if this is tougher!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just got this - tried it once so far & it seems fab!! Tough, but fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I have no idea how you can do this but I seriously applaud you! I die trying to fit in 20 minutes of exercise a day but I guess wanting a good body shape means that you need to work out!

    Keep at it! xxx

    http://resplendentlyla.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree about wanting to feel knackered after working out. I love the jelly legs feeling *shrink bottom shrink!*

    Sophie
    xx

    stripesdotsandsecondhandshops

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the 30 Day Shred but after doing it for nearly a year I'm getting a bit bored of the routines. This is definitely next on my workout DVD wishlist! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. About to try the 30 day shred, but might give this a go after :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh this sounds great! May have to invest. I have a free gym at my appartment complex so am using that, but need a more rounded workout that my usual treadmill/crosstrainer/weights gym routine. as that does not give me the awesome 'I feel like I've been run over but in a really good way' feeling I get off my 30 Day Shred, which regrettably I think I left in England!

    Keep up the amazing work, your weightloss journey is keeping me positive. It's just hard to get a good food routine down when I'm still trying to get used to the food out here.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete