Double Decker rocky road.

27.10.11

While Jonathan was away over the weekend playing badminton for 29 hours in a bid to break a Guiness World Record I kept myself busy doing a bit of shopping, crafts and baking. I say baking, no actual baking was required for this yumminess. I wanted to make something quick and easy, but something Jonathan would like as a "well bloody done!" for doing something so brilliant. As Double Deckers are one of his favourite chocolate bars I decided to give Double Decker rocky road a whirl, throw in a few different ingredients and see what happened!


I used a pretty standard recipe from the t'internet for the base using plain chocolate, Golden Syrup, unsalted butter, and caster sugar. I think I would use milk chocolate in future though.

I chopped up a couple of Double Deckers, broke marshmallows and plain digestive biscuits into chunky pieces and added them to my cooled melted chocolate mix. A good stir later and the mixture was popped into a container on a sheet of baking paper, and left in the fridge overnight to set.


Voila! Once I had cut them up and added a sprinkle of icing sugar they were ready to eat. Jonathan loved his rocky road surprise plus they tasted pretty great if I do say so myself (they would be even better with milk chocolate though I think). 

I didn't make a huge batch of these but I did cut them into bite size pieces to last us a little bit longer. They lasted a few days (it's too tempting to have 2 or 3 bitesize pieces in one go that's the problem!) and the last few were the tastiest.

What would you add to your rocky road mix? I am tempted to make another batch!

28 comments:

  1. these look amazing, victoria! what a clever idea, they wouldn't last long at all in my house hahah! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look gorgeous! Hope your lovely doggies are ok I miss seeing little pictures of them :). In M&S they have rocky road in the cafe and they've got sultanas in theirs which is actually really nice :) I made some a couple of weeks ago and you've made me want to make it again! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm these look really yummy! Must try these out for myself! :)

    egtx3.blogspot.com

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious!! Might try them out myself!!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love double deckers, I'll be adding them when I next made rocky road, it looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look divine. Oh how I love chocolate!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look amazing, I love double deckers so these are definitely a winner! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i havent had a double decker for years! i want to go make hese right now haha def on my shopping list ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look nommy! Well done to Jon on the 29 hours! That's crazy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummm!!
    They look so nice, definitely giving them a go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm I LOVE rocky road and yours looks divine!! Made me want to make some! I usually make mine without the marshmallows [I'm veggie] but may have to get some veggie marshmallows to use! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Double deckers are my weakness. I NEED one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmmm they look divine! Makes my brain start ticking away with all the other chocolate bars that would be good in a rocky road mix.. snickers anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow they look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use Bourneville chocolate as the taste is kinda halfway between plain and milk! I usually throw in a few snickers or mars but will definitely have to try double decker as I love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUMMMM!!! I've used ginger biscuits or added cherries before. Rocky road is my weakness! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd eat the lot on one go! I wouldn't be able to resist!! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look AMAZING! I wonder if that would work with Crunchies?

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Double Deckers in rocky road?! Sounds like a match made in yummy heaven! :)

    I'd say I'd like to try making them myself but I'd need a specific occasion to make them for, otherwise I would probably eat the lot!! :/

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done to Jonathan, that's some going. The Rocky Road looks delicious, what an inspired decision to use Double Deckers, I bet it was very morish.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Back home in Oz, a chocolate shop called Chocolate Box used to make their rocky road with some jelly raspberries in it, as well as nuts and marshmallows. I've not seen jelly raspberries over here. But it makes it very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG this looks so good! i'm going to have to save this to include in my xmas baking!!
    ~Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  24. I never thought to do anything like this, love it! Will def try next time I make a batch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. that looks immense, really want some now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. that looks immense, really want some now! xx

    ReplyDelete