The importance of pampering.

11.12.11

I used to pamper myself on a regular basis in my younger days when I had more disposable income. I particularly liked Espa facials, pedicures, spray tans and manicures. Now I'm a fan of pampering at home and saving my pennies instead, but recently I have been feeling the impact of working too hard, being stressed out a lot of the time, and taking far too much stuff on in one go.

I have been trying to take a step back and relax more (easier said than done!) but a few little bits of pampering have done wonders for how I feel on the inside and out.


I treated my hair to a trim (at an actual hairdressers and not just Jonathan having a go in the bathroom with some regular scissors..!) My ends tend to get quite split from the blonde that remains (it must be nearly grown out by now though) and I probably use the hairdryer and straighteners on them too much. I had a little bit trimmed off the ends and some long layers cut in. The hairdresser styled my hair using a mixture of a conical wand and straighteners to achieve loose curls and I absolutely loved it. I literally felt like a million dollars when I walked out of the salon (twas a shame about the rain and gale force winds that put a slightly dampener on things!)


I also got a manicure and gel polish done at a beauty salon which I was really pleased it. At first I didn't believe that a polish could be completely chip free, so initially I was quite careful and cautious not to do too much with my hands (plus it got me out of the housework..) But eventually I realised that they literally weren't going anywhere and it was so nice not having to worry about chipped off bits. Plus I really liked the colour that I chose.

My nails grow super fast so they didn't last too long (after just over a week I was dying to file my nails down shorter and have the bottom filled in) but I would definitely have this done for a special occasion.

How do you pamper yourself?

20 comments:

  1. Your hair looks stunning!
    Think it's time for me to have a pamper session! It's something I never do!!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is lovely!
    Love the nails, beautiful colour xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - I need a pamper session too! Maybe I will start with the nails. Your hair looks lovely :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love getting my hair done at a salon :) Yours looks lovely!

    Frances x
    Blog: http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've decided to treat myself every month in the new year to some kind of treatment, we work hard enough to deserve it and I'd only probably spend the money on boots meal deals anyway. You look great, love the hair! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour you've chosen for your nails :) I've never had a gel manicure but they sound really good, I hate it when my nail varnish chips! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your looks fab! Oh it is good to get pampered some time isn't it, and it's bloody money that seems to stop is from happening
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww you look lovely and its always nice to have 'me' time.
    My own pampering has been on the back burner for too long now. Must pay more attention lol
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks stunning hun.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks stunning hun.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks gorgeous! :)

    I'm quite bad at pampering myself but I tend to use Lush bath bombs at home when I want to relax xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your hair, you look gorgeous!
    and every one is talking about this manicures I just might try it for new years but I love changing my nail polish often so I'm not sure lol.
    xx
    Naghmeh

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look lovely! Brunette really suits you, seems odd you were blonde when I first started reading your blog! And i love gel polish, it really does last, is nice not having to worry about chips :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair looks beaut. I also treated myself to a real trim this month in an attempt to get some of the bleached to death ends off and it really does make you feel better doesn't it?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pampering is always a must!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Victoria you just look soooo pretty and your hair looks super healthy. Your weightloss is just soooo inspiring, and seeing you keep so healthy and looking so slim in your face makes me want to say no to my packet of oreos in the pantry! (America has not been kind to my sweet tooth) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look a beaut my lovely! A pampering does us all good.
    I too had start to neglect myself on this side of things, although my hair appointment was sometihng Ive always kept!,but facials,nails etc,took a step back..
    but Im back in the game now and I too feel great! :)
    c.x

    www.starsandthebutterflies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the nail shade you chose. I need some serious pampering but I just can't afford it at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awh you look lovely. I had my first pamper night in a very long time last week, was amazing x

    ReplyDelete