Monday summary.

16.1.12

It has been a while since I did one of these posts but as I have had a day off today and a hectic morning packing up orders, dashing to the Post Office, walking the dogs, doing my workout and then some housework I thought I would have a sit down and blog my socks off for a little while.


My 5 good things:

1) Our new living room furniture from Next was delivered on Saturday and Jonathan worked like a trouper assembling it (with a little help from me). We bought a few items from the Hartford range as we both love dark wood and we have heard really good things about Next furniture in general. The bookcase is my favourite and is now sat looking rather empty, waiting to be filled with books and trinkets.

Look at the excitement on his face! Like a kid at Christmas.


2) Watching New Girl episodes back to back all Sunday afternoon. I adore Zooey Deschanel as much as the next person and I can't get enough of her new show. I don't often find much worth watching on tv but this is such easy viewing and has lots of laughs. Schmidt is my favourite character and this is one of my favourite clips:


3) Eating amazing (vast quantities) of food all weekend and trying out new recipes. The only problem now is I have to work out even harder this week to counteract the damage!

4) We booked our flights to Vegas! So with accommodation and flights booked bring on the 17 April!

5) Friday night saw Jonathan and I heading to Leeds for a leaving do for somebody at our work. We didn't stay out terribly late as we had to pick L&L up from my parents house but it was nice to be back in Leeds, my hometown. We ate dinner at the Lounge which I used to go to quite a lot with my Mum and Sister for lunch, so it was nice to be back! The food was really, really good. We shared smoked mackerel pate to start, and then I had the burger which was HUGE and came with amazing chunky chips/wedges and a few veggies.


What are your 5 good things at the moment?

23 comments:

  1. Im absolutely loving your blog sweetie

    I too love love love New girl :-) especially that clip, so much i have got my sister watching it now too!!

    I hope your settling in to your new place nicely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love New Girl! Schmidt is hilarious. Exciting nwews about booking flights to Vegas! I went in November and it's a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buying furniture and kitting out a new home is so much fun!
    My 5 things are:
    1) going to germany for my brithday to see my best friend next week
    2) her moving back to the UK just after that
    3) Planning my wedding, had our engagement photo shoot and now it feels real!
    4) Getting back into knitting (currently a snood!)
    5) have a big pile of 'to read' books!

    Hope you enjoyed your day off! xxBelle du Brightonxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great list of good things! x

      Delete
  4. That meal looks and sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww love these lots. Looks like you have got a good un in J! Furniture building! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous your off to Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww loving New Girl too :D haha!!
    Soo cool you're off to Vegas :D
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Schmidt is also my favourite, so much so that once we watched the series, we went and got a hamster and named it Schmidt! HA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, this comment is awesome! :)

      Delete
  9. I missed these! I am yet to watch New Girl, have them all downloaded, just finding the time. Get you with your fancy furniture! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. New Girl is so funny - such a good show! Lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love New Girl! So funny :) Vegas is amazing, you will love it! So jealous you're going, that burgers making me hungry now, damn. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, so jealous you're going to Vegas. Where are you staying? Me and my boyfriend have been 3 times so if you'd like any tips do get in touch x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're staying at the Bellagio. Very excited. No idea how much spending money we will need! x

      Delete
  13. Hubby is off to Vegas in two weeks, he's supper excited too!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love Vegas! I'm no party girl, but it really has some beautiful places to go. And there's no denying it's hard NOT to have a good time there! PS-Just found your blog & have been reading the past 20 min! Loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo it's so exciting getting new furniture! Wow sounds like you had a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds wonderful! have fun with the new furniture! one good thing right now is my baby is sleeping. :)

    lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love reading your blog, it is too cute <3

    I did a blog all about New Girl recently and you have the same favourite moment as me :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow Vegas! Definitely somewhere I need to go at some point! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. i would love to go to vegas! i just started blogging but i also do a 5 good things every friday, http://planet-charlotte.blogspot.com

    charlotte x

    ReplyDelete