Legally Blonde: The Musical (& my new clutch bag!)

24.2.12

Last Friday my friend Katy and I went to watch Legally Blonde: The Musical at The Lyceum Theatre in Sheffield. It was a late birthday celebration for me but we booked the tickets so long ago we almost forgot we had them!

It was a great show with the part of Elle being played by the understudy who (with a blonde wig on) looked just like Reese Witherspoon. Ray Quinn and Les Dennis were the familiar faces but the whole cast were great. It was rather cheesy and some songs weren't as catchy as others, but the main songs made up for it. I have even caught Jonathan singing one of the songs that I haven't been able to get out of my head, and he didn't even go!

I have been looking for a new smart/'going out' bag for a while. One big enough to hold all of the essentials but not too big. And I'm partial to a clutch bag. So, when the Freestyle big clutch by Friis & Company caught my eye I popped it in my basket with my latest ambassador code on Sarenza and it arrived just in time to accompany me to the theatre.

Clutch bag c/o Sarenza

I really do love it. It is leather so it smells amazing, will last for ages and as it's black no doubt it will go with everything, both smart and casual. There's absolutely loads of room inside for the array of items I like to carry round with me.

Have you seen Legally Blonde: The Musical? Thoughts?

Do you carry your life around in your handbag like me?

Have a great weekend everyone!

23 comments:

  1. That's a fabulous clutch, I love the shape and the hardware! I'm not generally a musical person but I really enjoyed Wicked and I'd be keen to see Legally Blonde :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clutch, I'm always on the lookout for a new one, especially one that's big enough to carry all the essentials for a night out! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the clutch! Sounds like you had a fab time!

    Also, I just thought I'd let you know I'm giving away a Clarisonic Mia on my blog! I'd love it if you could check it out on my blog. You can gain up to 10 entries! Here’s a link xx
    http://daisy--meadow.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-clarisonic-mia.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so much stuff in my handbag sometimes I wonder how I fit it all in! Can't believe how much your hair has grown it looks lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Havent seen it but want to- it looks fun! Love the bag- and YES. Too much of my life is in my bag :/ woops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanna go and watch Legally Blonde, i love the film and i love musicals so i'm thinking i'm gonna like it haha!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I really love the theatre, I'm desperate to see The Lion King in London. Adore the bag and also love your dress, where is it from x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Legally Blonde sounds good, good that you enjoyed yourself! I love the bag, & I carry my life around in my bag too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dress you're wearing! Where is that from?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw Legally Blonde in London for my birthday and totally loved it!! Yeah it's cheesy but I wouldn't change that as the films are quite cheesy :) glad you enjoyed it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my god, oh my god you guys, looks like Elle's going to win the prize... :)
    Legally Blonde the musical is such a fun girly musical, I went to see it in September and still get that some stuck in my head.
    Also, your clutch is lovely. I'm not a clutch girl, I want to be, but I get agitated holding onto my bag all night.

    xx

    (The title of this post is Legally Blonde: The Museum??)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't seen the musical, have wanted to though glad you had a good time :) and yes I carry everything around with me everywhere! Love that clutch :) xx

    dsychain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The musical sounds so good, I love it as a film! The clutch is really pretty too, and a decent size - I often find they can be too small to even fit anything!

    Louisejoyb xo | Bits&Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds good, always loved the film. Love the clutch, it's huge! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's gorgeous! I love a big oversized clutch! I have a big nautical quilted red patent one with fab nautical hardware that I adore, so I know all about trying to fit everything in!

    dp
    x

    www.inanityandthegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my god oh my god you guys, love that musical so much! Very cheesy but amazing :)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had a great time.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh I love Legally Blonde, I saw it in London about a year ago! and love the new clutch, you look beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been to see Legally Blonde, I actually think it's one of my favourite musicals ever! It's such a fun show :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great clutch! You're right it'll last you forever

    ReplyDelete
  21. I expected a lot from the musical, because Legally Blonde is one of my favourite movies EVER, but I was disappointed. It was nice, but not THAT nice, nothing special. Of course Bruiser was adorable and Elle was cute, but it's sad to say I was bored at some times! I went to Shrek musical two weeks later and it was AMAZING.

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a lovely bag - it will definitely last forever :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the clutch and your outfit looks lovely! X

    ReplyDelete