Sunshine & shandy.

1.4.12

Oh what a lovely 4 days off we have had. As always it has flown by but we managed to fit lots in. We had an impromptu barbecue with some friends on Friday afternoon/evening to celebrate the arrival of our garden furniture and the sunny weather, which was great until I banged my head and cut it open. I'm not sure how I didn't faint at the sight of a handful of blood.. needless to say my head is very sore 2 days later. Ouch!

We have eaten non stop for 4 days which isn't good considering I have to be ready to be seen in public in a bikini in just over 2 weeks time! Lots of salad and exercise for the next 2 weeks me thinks.


It was Jonathan's birthday last Thursday so, thanks to the glorious weather, we had a drive to Totley to the Cricket Inn pub and sat in their beer garden for hours and hours. We ate lots of food (breads and dips & whitebait to start followed by steak & stilton sandwich (me) and roast pork & stuffing sandwich (Jonathan) with chips). All of the food was great, especially washed down with a shandy or two.

Thursday saw some amazing weather over in our neck of the woods and it was nice just to feel some sun on my skin after months of covering up in woolly jumpers.


As it was Jonathan's birthday I had woken up early that morning to make a big birthday breakfast, and made a batch of cupcakes the evening before (more on those soon). We took a couple with us on our trip, and munched them in the car on the way home.

After a drive through some rather adorable places and nosying at some impressive houses, we drove home and relaxed in the garden to enjoy the rest of the sunshine.


16 comments:

  1. Love your doggy dress! Looks like you've had a lovely few days... good timing with the weather too! xx

    Tor @ That's Peachy fashion blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've really been making the most of the lovely weather :) I love your dress, the dog print is so cute!

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @FCassandraBlog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you've had a lovely time! I keep meaning to try the Cricket Inn as it is so close to my house but I still haven't!
    I love your dress xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photographs especially of the little lady bugs! sorry to hear about your little trip and your head?! Hope your all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOD.... That dress!!!!!! I love it so so soooo much. x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAH Your dress is amazing! Love it¬ Looks like you had a great few days xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is adorable and what a great way to spend the weekend.

    Mrs W x

    ReplyDelete
  8. really lovely photos!!

    hope your head feels better soon!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your life, we are very similar. i love seeing people happy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your life, we are very similar. I love seeing people happy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos and I love that dress! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. that dress is the most amazing thing I've seen in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like he had an amazing birthday.

    Your doggy dress is so cute!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks a lovely relaxing time, and love your dress!
    Ouch re your head, hope it's better soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always love your photos V. That dress was made for you! x

    ReplyDelete