My latest project: cross stitched wedding scrapbook.

30.5.12

I wanted to make my Sister and her new husband a present in addition to the wedding gifts we bought them. Just a little something handmade and special for them to keep.

I actually ordered the thread for this quite some time ago then chickened out as the stitch time on the pattern scared me a little.. but one day I bit the bullet and decided to make a start.


Slowly but surely the pattern came together over the weeks that followed. I had to keep picking it up and putting it down inbetween other projects as it was a little fiddly to follow, but hoorah - I finished it and it is now over on the Isle of Man for my Sister to fill with keepsakes and photos from the wedding and the trip to Vegas.

Jonathan and I have a scrapbook and they're such a great idea. We have kept literally everything from everywhere we've been and stayed and eaten. They will be great memories to look back on when we're old and wrinkly.

11 comments:

  1. Awhh what a nice gift! I think I saw his pattern in Crosstitcher and thought eeek, fiddly!

    I got a smash book recently which im using for the bits that we've collected from holidays! I think they're much better than simply photo albums, more personality! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet!
    You did a great job of it, it looks really good :)
    Love the ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, it looks wonderful! I can only imagine the amount of work you've put into this, its perfect! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. really great & beautiful idea!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job and I can see that pattern as being fiddly indeed with all the colours here and there. We have a journal too, well I say we but it's me that sticks the stuff in it! Great way to capture memories and i'm sure your gift will be well loved and used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a lovely idea! I really want to get into cross stitching this summer, love your blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it looks gorgeous. What a lovely and thoughtful gift :) Your cross stitch posts are making me want to start doing it again! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unbelievably cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is gorgeous! Great job! Your sister will love it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. so many beautiful things! great job!!



    very beautiful blog.

    would you like to follow each other? let me know.

    xoxo


    The chic and cheap blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww this is so cute, such a thoughtful gift x

    ReplyDelete