A fresh start.

27.7.12

If you're reading this then chances are you will have noticed that I've made a few changes around here. After 3 years of having pretty much the same blog layout, font and colours I've settled on a new design which I really like, although it is taking some getting used to so if you'd like to say some nice things about it that would be superb. I love the colour scheme and the cleanness of it, and I've finally got to grips with a few little bits of html which have allowed me to get things the way I want them.

There is method behind my madness which all started a couple of evenings ago...

I was looking for something in an old blog post and ended up reading some very early posts, which progressed to me heading all the way back to the very beginning. After I had finished taking this trip down memory lane, and cringing with absolute horror at some of the photos, I decided to delete a few blog posts. Mainly times in my life, and old photos of me, that I didn't want to be reminded of should I ever head back through my archives again at any point in the future.

How do I feel for this sudden Spring Clean and change of design? Well, kind of the same as I do when I have a good ol' clear out of my wardrobes, kitchen cupboards, etc. Lighter, cleaner, ready to start again, turn over a new leaf,  and happier.

I'm proud of my blog and my commitment to posting as often as possible over the last 3 years and I am excited about my new burst of energy for my space of the internet. With my fresh layout and new job on the horizon, which will give me much more free time for fun stuff, you will be seeing a lot more of me around here (and a couple of Pugs too).

24 comments:

  1. Love the fresh new look!!

    Massive good luck for our new job :)

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likely - especially those little buttons for twitter and the like, did you design those yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new blog look! It's very cute & chic! I'm thinking about a blog makeover too! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new layout, it looks so fresh and clean!

    thoughtsfromanothergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the new look, spesh the background - the stripes are fab!
    Muchos love,
    Fran
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It looks lovely and fresh. I've always enjoyed reading your blog, it's been one of my favourites for a while, and I'm sure I will continue to enjoy reading your posts [and cooing over your oh-so-cute doggies!]
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, very clean and simple x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new layout looks lovely! The colours are simple but work really well :) x Always Drink Tea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new look, much cleaner, and such a nice colour scheme :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the new layout. Very pretty yet profesh.
    Good luck with the new job, and yay for more of the pugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Rachael - I purchased the design from Etsy but then used a little bit of html to centre things and play around with the design.

    It's the first time I've had everything looking the way I want to to. Only took 3 years ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the nice feedback everyone! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new layout looks so fresh and pretty. Good luck in your new job, no job is worth working yourself to the point of exhaustion and that in turn effecting health and happiness. Hope that you enjoy your new job and even having to travel less is bound to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the new look :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the new look - looks lovely Victoria :)

    Very much looking forward to more regular posts & especially more pug pictures :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the new layout, it looks so fresh and neat. Do you keep looking at it? I keep doing that to mine since it was redesigned, I swear half of my hits are me 'ahhhing' at what it looks like, haha. Excited to hear more about your new job! Congratulations! X

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO jealous of your new layout. It's really simple and cute. Good move!

    peaas.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your new simple and clean layout, I've just renamed and changed my layour too, I also deleted a lot of old posts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the new lay out! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your new blog look :) so fresh and clean looking :)

    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it Victoria :) and a massive congrats on the new job :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my. I love your pug. so so so cute. x

    ReplyDelete