Butterflies and hurricanes.

21.8.12

After a hectic month in July I was hoping August would quieten down a little for us and give me some much needed time to relax. Unfortunately this hasn't happened due to one thing or another, most recently that our bathroom flooded a little and soaked the carpets in the surrounding rooms and the floor below. So after a mad dash to hire a Rug Doctor device yesterday we have been tirelessly trying to extract the water and this afternoon, after work, I will be shampooing the carpets through the whole house. If you live in Rotherham and you see a Rug Doctor machine hurling out of a window then you know that's me...

Aside from this little drama though, we do have a few things coming up to look forward to. In a few weeks time Jonathan will be best man and I will be bridesmaid at our best friends wedding, then the following weekend we are going on holiday for a week in the sun. So it looks like September is going to be our month.


I wanted to share a few photos that I took yesterday. I got home from work and went out into the garden with the dogs and found the most surreal sight. Dozens and dozens of butterflies and bees were all buzzing around one of our plants, flying around my head and landing on the side of our house. 

The butterflies were so beautiful and colourful. It was very calming to watch them and rather funny to see Lola taking a dislike to them and trying to jump up to get them. If only she knew with her little legs and the height of the plant she had no chance!

It was just what I needed, taking a time out for 10 minutes and just watching the world go by...

12 comments:

  1. Those butterflies are beautiful! What's Rotherham like to live in, if you don't mind me asking? My fiancé has just got a job there but we live in Sheffield (moved here for uni so don't know the surrounding areas at all) and I don't know if a move will be on the cards eventually!
    The Life of Emily-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those butterflies are so beautiful!

    Kledi

    www.tumblingbay.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww how lovely! I don't envy you the soaked bathroom. The same thing happened to me at uni, except the floor got so damp it went straight through to my flatmate's bedroom below, nearly knocking her out in the process. Glad you're getting it sorted and hope it's fixed soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I have been dillydallying about renting a rug doctor, they look like beasts but our carpets are minging! A few years ago a flat I was living in flooded, it sucks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have that plant too! We call it a Buddleja, it's amazing and always attracts tons of butterflies. An amazing sight and a great one to have on your garden. They also come in white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, these photos are absolutely gorgeous for words!
    Krissy xoxo ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your reply on my blog. Yeah I guess all places have good and bad parts, we live almost city centre at the moment so will be looking for somewhere a bit quieter! But we won't be moving for another year until I've finished my studies so if you're still blogging by then (which I'm sure you will be!) I'll remember to ask you! :D Thanks!
    The Life of Emily-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you know that is a Buddleja plant? It's commonly known as the Butterfly Bush because butterflies are super attracted to it! We have one in our garden too.

    Lovely photos!

    Janey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever that plant is - butterflies tend to love them. I've had some great photographs of butterflies on plants like that, and they themselves are rather pretty and colourful to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Butterflies love buddleia flowers, it must be the scent!
    I hope your house is ok now after all the water! I do sympathize.... When we moved into our house last year our electrician put a nail through a boiler pipe and there was water allllll over the house, it was so traumatic and there was a lot of tears! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are such lovely photos, butterflies are beautiful creatures! :))


    Lots of love,
    Sabina
    xxx

    Enter my studded corset giveaway in collaboration with Kat Valdez!

    ReplyDelete