Etsy treasury: Don't be cross. Stitch!

17.8.12

I am often asked where I find cross stitch patterns to make my crafty projects. The answer is very simple as I mainly use Cross Stitcher magazine (which is brilliant) and Etsy. You can find a pattern for pretty much any type of cross stitch project on there, from the sublime to the ridiculous and everything inbetween. A quick search for "cross stitch patterns" will give you thousands to scroll through, although don't blame me if you spend far too much time trying to look at them all!

I tend to steer towards silly patterns, my favourite being by weelittlestitches, as they're so much fun to make and everyone seems to love them, but I also like to make more sensible and/or traditional stitched things too as gifts.

Top: 1 / 2 / 3
Bottom: 1 / 2 / 3

I thought I'd share some of my favourite patterns with you and link to the different sellers. Hopefully you will be inspired to pick up a needle and thread and stitch something. The best thing about buying a pattern online is that they're only a few pounds each and you can keep the PDF to stitch the design over and over again.

I hope you see something you like. There's a little bit of everything here, from simple beginner patterns to slightly bigger and more intricate designs, so I hope they will give you a few ideas for your future projects.

Happy stitching!

Top: 1 / 2 / 3
Middle: 1 / 2 / 3
Bottom: 1 / 2 / 3

16 comments:

  1. Adore these! I used to love cross stitch... Until one time when I made a huge Zelda inspired piece for my boyfriend and I didn't use one of those stretched frame thingies (technical speak there you'll notice) and well, it all bunched up and I got so upset. Really dented my confidence and it's still on the wall now haunting me. :( I really should be brave and start doing it again though. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I have spent many hours looking through all the patterns on etsy, and I love weelittlestitches. I can't wait til I finish my first pattern, I will definitely be blogging about it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the same taste in patterns as me! Now to find people who want them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks do much for this! I've just started cross stitching & I love it.
    I'll certainly be getting the bunny, I'm a crazy bunny lady. Also loving the home sweet home. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh thank you - I was actually looking for a new cross stitch project this afternoon, and that bunny is BEAUTIFUL. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this post! Weelittlestitches is one of my favourite shops on etsy too, I'm working on a Big Bang Theory one from there just now, & as usual totally addicted! I think I may have to try the bunny one from your selection here next. :) Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh I love these, I never seem to finish a cross stitch though :(
    These look like something I could complete though,

    My fav is the just married one :)

    New follower by the way, I've had you on my instagram for ages and kept wanting to look at your blog.
    Your pug pictures highlight my day hehe!

    www.charlotelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to see a tutorial on how to start cross-stitching. I am a complete beginner but often pick up Cross Stitch magazine and then put it back as I don't know whether it is suitable for me as an absolute beginner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Mary Poppins one! A great design. Feeling inspired now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all very nice! I used to cross stitch but pick up crochet and never went back..You have inspired me today, to maybe just start again! Thanks Shari!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love cross stitching, it's so relaxing to do when watching telly! I love having fun designs to do and never thought to look on Etsy. I sometimes use http://www.urbanthreads.com/ as they have great designs and sometimes you can get a freebie! xxx

    Fliss @ The Offbeat Girl
    http://www.theoffbeatgirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. you've such a talent! i absolutely love the "olive" you one! so creative & darling. any home could use that up on the wall. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to get back in to cross stitch,
    thank you for sharing these x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, such great selections here! Thank you so much for including my patterns :)

    I have a cross stitch tutorial on my blog, sewingseed.blogspot.com for those that may want to see how I go about it.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This has definitely made me want to pick up some pieces for my house. So cute and personalised.

    ReplyDelete