Our trip to Tenerife (part 2).

7.10.12

How is it that once you get home from a holiday it suddenly seems like it was forever ago and as though it never happened? This only means one thing: start planning the next one!

Two weeks ago today we were on the plane flying home but it feels like two months ago. The one positive I can find is that it's not absolutely throwing it down with rain like it was two weeks ago.


As I took so many photos I wanted to share a few more with you (if you missed the first post it's here). I'm a real nosy parker and love to look at other people's holiday snaps, so if you've posted any lately you'll have to let me know. There will probably be a third blog post too. Sorry! I am always a bit too snap happy, especially when I discovered the "sunset mode" on my camera while we were away. The sunsets were so beautiful so it was great to capture them in photos.


I rediscovered my love for reading whilst we were away. I had a bit of a shaky start as the book I started reading first was tripe, but I managed to finish it and then ended up at the supermarket a couple of times to buy more books to keep me going, reading a book a day by the end! Once I have peace and quiet I can really get into a book especially if it's a good'un.

I have been reading quite a lot since we got home too so a Kindle has gone to the top of my Christmas list. I never thought I'd go over to the dark side but it would be so handy for taking on holiday and to work (for my lunch breaks). I won't give up 'proper' books though, not just yet.


The only negative point about our holiday was the selection of food on offer. As a vegetarian I struggled to find anything to eat. I spent a whole week eating vegetable paella and cheese pizza, and by the end of the holiday I'm pretty sure I had a carb addiction from all the bread rolls I ate before our dinner came out! Jonathan was in his element though, with the massive array of fish dishes to choose from. I guess it's my own fault for being awkward!


I can't remember if I've mentioned it already but we took hand luggage only, as we only needed a handful of outfits, something to swim in, toiletries, etc. We took mini sized toiletries and saved space by buying our beach towels when we arrived. I thought it would be a nightmare trying to fit everything in that I wanted to take but it was absolutely fine. We had a piece of hand luggage each and even after our clothes, shoes, toiletries, camera, various adaptors/chargers, and books went in we still had a bit of room to spare. As we flew with a budget airline we not only saved money by not taking a suitcase, but we also saved on time as we didn't have to wait by the carousel for our luggage to turn up and the amount of washing to do post-holiday was minimal. Result!

Part 3 (the final lot of photos - promise!) will be up soon.

18 comments:

  1. awww I love all your outfit choices! I also adore looking at other peoples holiday snaps, I love seeing parts of the world I've not been to, or even parts that I have through someone elses eyes!
    Really looking forward to my honeymoon in egypt now! (flying 6 weeks tomorrow! hurrah!!)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous Victoria! I hate that feeling of moving on from a holiday so quickly, it feels like you need another already! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at people's holiday snaps - they always give off happy vibes! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at people's holiday snaps - they always give off happy vibes! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely stunning lovely! :)
    Seems like you had a very lovely holiday
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh love your skirt in the last photo! I'm so impressed you managed hand luggage only, I need to do that for a trip to Ireland next weekend and i'm stressing already lol. Kindle has been on my xmas list too - much lighter to transport and handy when on holidays and travelling.
    Sounded like such a nice chilled out holiday can wait to see more pics! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking at holiday photos too! You look gorgeous. And my Kindle was my best buy in a long time- sooo handy for holidays! I so wish it had been out when Chris and I went interrailing! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous post! You look so happy in the photos :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely snaps. You look absolutely stunning!
    It's never occured to me to take just hand luggage away. I'm amazed you managed it! I'm not sure I'd be able to myself!
    Being vegetarian is hard when on holiday - I always worry before I go away as I'm not sure what to expect!
    Definitely get a kindle. I love mine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your pics! I commend you for the hand baggage, airlines rip people off so much! Lovely outfits too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fantastic! So healthy and glowing! Food is always a tricky one when you go away, sometimes its amazing and sometimes I feel very British in my choices which isnt what I go away for!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking lovely, as always! Loving that you're rocking the maxi skirts, they look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wonderful photographs, it looks like you had such a wonderful time! Those sunsets look stunning!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great holiday snaps - that sunset photograph is lovely. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love seeing others vacation photos! so thanks for sharing :) tenerife looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We've done hand luggage only quite a few times - it's definitely do-able! It also means you only take things you will actually wear, whereas if I have a bigger case I usually fill it with rubbish 'just in case'. One time though I made the stupid mistake of packing loads of white t-shirts and NO white or nude bra, only black ones! So I had to run out to the nearest department store and figure out bra sizing in spain haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos, I absolutely love posts like this as I'm soo incredibly nosey.. oops! You look gorgeous in all of your outfits X

    ReplyDelete