Operation finish what you started: robin tree decoration.

16.11.12

This is another project I started and forgot all about, being distracted by shiny new things. It was a free gift with Cross Stitcher magazine the issue before last and it's so adorable. 

I love the felt frame and wish I had made a template to make a few more. It was dead easy to make: stitch the pattern, back the aida onto white card/fabric, sew the ribbon onto the back piece and finally use fabric glue to secure everything in place. I left mine under a heavy book overnight just to make sure the glue had set.

If only I wasn't finishing it off at gone midnight I might have got the robin a bit more central! Ah well, who wants to be perfect... ;)


15 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous! So so lovely! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the title too - Operation Finish What You Started! I think I should live by that title haha!

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!
    I'm really liking the idea of a felt frame, I'll certainly take this idea on board. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so great! :) I wish I could find that magazine in the States...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I am still in the middle of mine... GOD DAMN WIP!!! I too love their felt frame templates! Combines my two loves; felt and cross stitch! Oh and ChristmaS! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty!! Your work always impresses me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful. You have inspired me today. A new cross stitch pattern is on my do list for the holidays! Thanks, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi i was just wondering if you could do a post on how you got started, some basic tips and stuff. just because i am keen to start but find it all so confusing!!
    thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh it's lovely! Well done! I always seem to dig out my cross stitch around this time of year.... it's a real winter hobby I think! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's lovely! I actually got this magazine for the cross stitch and stupidly in the dim light I was using I've mixed up the cream and light grey without realising. I could have cried. He's been abandoned now :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your robin looks so good! I am half way through stitching mine and have left it alone for far too long. Your post has given me the kick I needed to finish it off!

    ReplyDelete