Whoopie pies and waterproof coats.

5.11.12

It is so.bloody.cold outside now! We went for a short stroll yesterday sans gloves and I couldn't grip the steering wheel properly on the way back. Lesson learned. Gloves are now required at all times when leaving the house.


Any fellow Pug owners will know they're not so good in extreme temperatures so I kind of dread this time of year a) because I'm not a fan of the cold/snow/sludge/rain myself and b) because it makes my little ones shivery and cold. I've started to dig out their jumpers and waterproofs ready for the cold months ahead.

Lily volunteered to model one of Lola's waterproof jackets yesterday which is a bit too long for her. Damn Pugs and their awkward body shapes! :)


After our morning out on Saturday and a play in the garden with L&L we had a cup of tea and half a whoopie pie each before relaxing indoors for the afternoon. In the evening we made an incredible tea inspired by a recipe I had seen on this blog earlier in the day. We had fresh pasta with roasted veg (butternut squash, peppers, onion, etc) with creme fraiche and all sorts of other things (I say this in a vague manner as Jonathan made it, not me). It was so tasty but our portions were HUGE so it was a case of death by pasta, made worse by the garlic bread we had with it ;)


The cupcake we bought for after tea was a distant memory as we were too full to move but it was polished off yesterday instead. Anything with copious amounts of peanut butter on top and inside can only ever be a good thing...

Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

24 comments:

  1. Love the little jacket. The food looks yummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahahahah oh my god im crying at the hood up picture ( simple pleasures for simple people). The cakes have made me dribble xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww they're the sweetest little things! i can't wait to have my own pug one day (:

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look at her with her coat on! That is SO CUTE! Ahh they are so small and adorable.
    Your dinner sounds good...maybe I need to get MY boyfriend to make us it? ;) The cake look amazing too...especially the peanut butter one! You always have such amazing looking food on your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha oh gosh your Pugs are the cutest things ever. Definitely have great taste in fashion!
    And those cakes look soooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything with peanut butter is too good for words. I love the cute waterproof jacket too. My Max has a little Barbour wax jacket of his own! x

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Yah, what's going on with the cold!? It's freezing and because of Hurricane Sandy, we don't even have any heat :(

    xoxo,
    Taylor

    Current Giveaway - The Printed Mint

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, hi pretty ladies & yummy looking food.
    The girls look fab, ready for the cold weather, and you looks super pretty yourself <3

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww so cute dogs! :)

    X Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those jackets are the cutest things ever! I love pugs – I walk a neighbour's for them and they are such little characters! Would love one myself but I'm hardly ever at home during the week :-( the temptation to dress them up in cute little outfits all the time must be so great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My two are pretty sturdy so I can't dress them up in cute coats (not for want of trying!)
    L&L are so cute, love their little faces.
    I'm so cooking that pasta, sounds delish!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, they look so cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw she looks so cute with the hood pulled up in that photo!
    The cakes look yummy!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah fab, I'm glad you tried & enjoyed the pasta! It does make a load of it though, food coma! The pugs look so cute in their coats :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have theee cutest pugs i have ever seen! I love the photo when Lily has her hood up, i had to say 'Awwwwwwh!' :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh i am seriously in love with the little pugs.. the fact they have waterproofs is incredible! they're even more prepared than me!x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soo cute in their little coats. My family have a little Jack Russell puppy and it'll be her first Christmas with us, I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do they look even cuter with jackets on? I love your pugs xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh ma gawwd this is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time, I just want to come cuddle them! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww Lily and Lola look so, so cute! Those desserts are making me so hungry right now ha! X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww your pugs are sooo cute ! My little man (its a pom) wears coats too ! XX

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your dogs are so completely adorable, especially in that little coat. I know what you mean about pets being cold outdoors, I just invested in an outdoor cat house so my cats don't freeze when they insist on going outdoors x

    ReplyDelete
  23. my goodness - cute pups, cute clothes, and cupcakes? love this post! :)

    ReplyDelete