Handmade Christmas presents.

30.12.12

I made a couple of cross stitched pieces as Christmas presents this year and would have made more had I had the time. I love cross stitching but it can be very time consuming so this year I only managed to make two gifts.

One was a pattern from Cross Stitcher magazines with a row of pretty pastel houses with some felt leaves, the other was a pattern I bought from Etsy (here) declaring "keep calm and drink wine".


The house design took quite a while to make but I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I have got plenty of leftover fabric and thread so I am thinking about making another one to keep. This one went to my sister and her husband.

Each window has white backstitching which is a nice detail when you look closely and I really enjoyed incorporating felt especially as the colours were so pretty.

The "keep calm" pattern was much quicker to stitch and I really enjoyed making it. This one went to my mum who likes... well, wine obviously!


Did you make any presents this year?

13 comments:

  1. The one you gave your sister and her husband is so pretty. I love cross stitching, but it can take a lot of time and I often leave projects unfinished!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cross stitching, but just completing one project can take me so long, so I'm impressed you managed to do two! I really love the keep calm one. Do you always keep them in the frames after you have finished them? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both amazing, and look so lovely! The one of the houses is so so beautiful! They both look incredible, you should be really proud! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crafting, we made little hampers with handmade gifts from Max for the grandparents this year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh thanks for showing these, I am wanting to get into cross stitching this year and these have inspired me, first one is very romantic and pretty, the second one is so cool and quirky, I love them both!

    I made food hampers containing home made goods (chutney, biscuits etc) and also made my Christmas cards. Next year I want to make even more things if I can, I need to start earlier!

    Lovely blog


    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the little houses! i would love to make my own for whenever we buy a house :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cut I'm currently working on a project for my house and that is my number one project I'm considering making presents for next year but would probably have to start now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both lovely! I love cross stitch - I just never know what to do with them once I've finished them. I decided to start one this year as a gift 2 days before Christmas...not my best idea. Think I'll finish it for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely! I got my first cross stitch kit for Christmas so I'm hoping to be able to make something like this in 2013! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous Victoria! I made necklaces and a few cross stitch designs this year, agreed it takes so long tho! I realllllly need to do what I tell myself i'm going to do, and actually start them farrrrr earlier into the year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely, they make such nice gifts. I'm (trying) to get a cross stitch piece done for my sisters wedding in April-it's taking a while but I'm hoping to have it completed soon :-/ !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the house one, so adorable! Well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, I used to do cross stitches a few years ago but they were no way as good as these :-)

    ReplyDelete