Weekend summary (a new hat that hasn't left my head, Pugs, a shabby chic pub & The Hobbit).

17.1.13

You know when you have a really lovely weekend and you want it to go on and on.. well, that's what happened last weekend.

We went to watch The Hobbit on Saturday which was our second attempt after the first time was sold out. Jonathan was really keen to see it and I was kind of on the fence, but I really enjoyed it. It didn't drag on even though it's quite a long film, and I definitely want to watch the next installments when they come out (although I preferred Pitch Perfect! haha).


We cooked an amazing deep-filled homity pie on Saturday night courtesy of The Hairy Bikers then proceeded to stuff our faces until we (almost) exploded. We served it with peas and gravy and it was heavenly!

It was absolutely freezing on Sunday but we wrapped up warm and headed out for a walk near to where we had a booking for Sunday lunch. Being the wally that I am I forgot my gloves so after an hour had passed, and the feeling in my fingers had disappeared, we hotfooted it inside to get a pot of tea (me) and a pint (Jonathan).

The pub we went to houses a mixture of shabby chic furniture, amazing fireplaces and higgledy-piggledy frames on the walls and we love it in there. We'd move in and make it into a house if we could!

My only criticism is that they don't have many vegetarians options on the menu but as it was a Sunday, I opted for the veggie roast. And it was amazing. First of all there was so much food I could only eat 3/4 of it, but you know when it's so good you want to keep going even though you've long since run out of room? And secondly it was really, really good food.


I had a nut/sweet potato tart, honey glazed parsnips, loads of roast spuds, veg, a Yorkshire Pudding and onion gravy. Jonathan got a roast too but with duck as his main, and we shared a serving of cauliflower cheese (it would have been rude not to).

Feeling stuffed and tired after our walk we headed home to watch a dvd under a duvet, making room for some mint Matchmakers because, if you're like us, there's always room for sweet stuff after a big roast dinner :)


23 comments:

  1. Cinema, a home cooked meal then a Sunday walk & pub roast is definitely a good weekend! Perfect. Love the beanie hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm the roast dinner looks good. Lovely photos. There's nothing nicer than a relaxed cosy weekend together :)

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blue hat & horse print jumper lovely - where are these from? The Sunday lunch hang out sounds right up my street and there's always room for Matchmakers in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya,

    Just wanted to say that I love reading your blog! I live in Sheffield (since August) so it's great to read about local places to go and things to do. I've already done a workshop at The Button Tin and been to Fancie coffee shop near to where I live thanks to your recommendations! Would you mind me asking where the pub is that you went to at the weekend? I have a newborn so can't go very far at the moment but it looks like a lovely place to put on the list to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Your roast dinner looks amazing!
    Bit random, but are your boots Ugg boots? If so, do you know what the style is called? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww what a perfect weekend! I love those weekends that you just don't want to end =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the sort of weekend I've got planned starting tomorrow :) Where's your coat from? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where you live looks amazing, it's like the perfect quintessesnial English village. Love your blue hat too it looks very cosy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect weekend in my book! Which pub did you go to? as you know I live fairly near by and if the foods as good as you say, might be nice for me and the other half to try one sunday?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blog!
    Sunday dinner sounds scrumptious.
    You coat is a beauty, it looks very snug and warm!
    http://wethingin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Hannah Cagney Lace - my jumper is from M&S and the hat is from Gap :)

    @Donna White - I'm glad you have enjoyed the places I have recommended! We went to Whiston in Rotherham, to a pub called The Golden Ball.

    @Bronagh - They certainly are Uggs. They're Dylyn's from Sarenza. Here's the link: http://www.sarenza.co.uk/ugg-australia-classic-short-dylyn-s789755-p0000065124

    @Emma - Dorothy Perkins :)

    @Little Home Bird - It's The Golden Ball in Whiston, Rotherham. It's a lovely place.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That hat looks so good on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pictures are gorgeous, and it sounds like you've had a pretty perfect time too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like the perfect day! My boyfriend loves the Hobbit, he had to go with his mum! And with that, I couldn't see Pitch Perfect either haha!
    Love your hat too xx

    The Littles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely day out and such great pictures ... I can see why you didn't want it to end ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a perfect weekend! I love the idea of going out for Sunday lunch. Really ough to suggest it to the boyfriend. Your veggie roast sounds delish! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a perfect weekend, that food looks so yummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're gorgeous , so is your pug x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous outfit! And doggy xxx www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I do love your hat and that pub sounds wonderful.... where is it?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is what a perfect weekend sounds like for me! Is that your house on the last photo? I love everything about it, it reminds me of some Jane Austen novels, oh so dreamy. <3
    PS: This coat looks gorgeous on you!

    http://www.tamarasblend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. such beautiful photos! love your hat :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, RT brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete