50 facts about me (part one).

1.2.13

1) I was born on the 3rd of February 1985 in Leeds, weighing in at a whopping 9lbs 9 1/2 ounces!

2) I am 5'5.

3) I dropped out of university after a couple of weeks.

4) I have one sibling, my sister Adele, who is 2 years older than me and currently lives on the Isle of Man.

5) Pretty much all of my friends call me VJ. However at high school I was known as Vicci (I was very precise about the spelling!) but I grew to hate it. When I started working and people asked what I wanted to be known as I became plain old Victoria. I sometimes get Vix or Vic which I don't mind so much.

6) Jonathan and I met at work. As I worked in HR and sent out the offer packs one day his paperwork landed on my desk for a manager position in a different department. A couple of months after he started we got chatting over a mutual love of cake and cups of tea before he added me on Facebook. We chatted on Facebook for hours and hours, and weeks and weeks, before we decided to go to the cinema as friends. The following day we went out for dinner and decided we'd quite like to be boyfriend/girlfriend.


7) I'm not very good at sticking to hobbies. When I was little I tried ballet, tap, Brownies, guitar lessons, percussion playing, martial arts, the list goes on.

8) I remember really useless snippets of information about celebrities. I can tell you who has dated who, their entire back catalogue of acting jobs and lots of random trivia. I'm also good at remembering faces so I will see someone in a film and instantly recognise them from some obscure work they did about 20 years ago.

9) I have never broken a bone *touches wood*.

10) I wore a train-track style brace on my teeth (top AND bottom) when I was 13 years old for about a year as I had a huge gap in the middle of my two front teeth.

11) I cried when the brace was taken off as I thought my teeth looked far too big without it. I am often told I have big teeth but what the heck, at least they're straight.

12) Talking about teeth, I have zero fillings and live in fear of the day I need my first one!

13) Before I met Jonathan I never wanted to get married or have children. Now I would like to do both (one day, don't panic Jonathan!) but a big traditional white wedding is my idea of hell.

14) I grew up in a pet-mad house and I can't imagine life without pets of some kind. My parents had Rough Collies when I was younger as well as cats, guinea pigs, mice and budgies. I had gerbils. My first two were called Itchy and Scratchy and my second two were Kevin and Perry.


15) I would love a third dog in the shape of a male black Pug or a French Bulldog.

16) I cry all the time. It's rather embarrassing and means I avoid certain programmes or films when in the company of others. Going to the cinema can be rather problematic too! I cry at books, adverts, missing pet posters, and anything happy/heartwarming.

17) My weakness is biscuits. I find it's easier to avoid them as much as possible as I can never have "just one". I sometimes ask Jonathan to hide the biscuit tin from me.

18) I am very clumsy and am therefore covered in scars. I have a huge scar on the inside of my finger from cutting open a bread roll but not stopping in time and slicing through my skin(!)

19) I have a scar between my eyes from a kitchen knife incident. A childhood friend decided to get a knife out of our kitchen drawer and jokingly wave it around, pretending to be some sort of kung-fu fighter. Unfortunately the knife blade was loose, flew out of the handle, bounced off the kitchen door and hit me right between the eyes. He ran away crying while my sister and I stopped the bleeding and put a hat on my head so my parents wouldn't see it. The first thing my mum said when she saw me was "why are you wearing a hat? what's happened?"

20) The feedback from my teachers at school was always that I chatted to my friends too much and did too much clock watching.

21) When I was about 14 I was bullied at school for several months and it was the worst time of my life.

22) I used to hate mushrooms with an absolute passion. Now I eat them all the time and can eat huge Portobello ones as long as I don't look at the frilly bits too closely.

23) I'm an all or nothing kind of person. For example I either read books round the clock or I read zilch. I don't like doing lots of different things for small amounts of time. I'd rather pick one thing and do it lots. Does that make sense?!

24) My parents have been married since 1976! My Mum is from Leeds but my dad is from London and looks/sounds a lot like Del Boy.

25) Even though I am from Leeds I have an accent which people often can't place, which perhaps stems from gaining a mixture of my parents accents.

I hope you made it this far and enjoyed reading my facts! I may do a part two at some point although it's hard to share things that you don't already know. I had to dig deep in my brain for these!

If you liked reading this then you may enjoy reading these: A Rosie Outlook, Stephanie Dreams, glitterkel, ItsEmilyDivine, Little Winter.. I did! :)

38 comments:

  1. This had me laughing out loud .. especially the bit about wearing the hat. It's so funny to look back at being young and how we all thought we were so fly at the time! lol!

    Totally relate to number 23 - I'm the exact same. Get obsessed with something until I get bored of it then never return to it again!

    Love your blog :)

    Maisy

    www.beautyspendingspreex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thankyou for the little link. :)
    As you know No 8 is also one of mine. It's so ridiculous the amount of celeb info I retain.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post hun,love to know this about you..:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i lolled when you mentioned the frilly bits on the mushroom!!!! i hate mushrooms unless the are cut up really small in spaghetti bolognaise!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number 5 is me! I hated being called Victoria in school and wanted to be called Vicky. Now I hate Vicky, and most people now call me Victoria, or closer friends and family call me Vic which I still prefer to Vicky. Had to be with a Y :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these posts!
    I always get told my teeth are really big as well, but like you, I'm just like "whatever", I'd rather they be a bit big and straight than small and wonky and in the case of some people, yellow!
    My mum is from Yorkshire and my dad from Stoke, and I've lived all over the south, so people don't really get my accent either! :)

    I've done one of these posts as well if you'd like to check it out :)

    www.onlycharlottesometimes.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVED this! And thankyou so much for linking me :) Also I read all the facts but also kept being momentarily mesmerised by how flippin' pretty you are in those photos! Mega babe! Also I am exactly the same as you and I think the lots of hobbies and all or nothing things are linked - I will literally get MEGA into things for a long period of time and then just let them trail off? And I am exactly the same in that I literally devour books one after another and then will have a period where I don't read as much (and am probably obsessively throwing myself into doing something else!) xo
    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveddd this!!I too used to have rough collies!I loved them,such great personalities!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really interesting! I like that they are all a bit longer than just a few words too.

    I too am an all or nothing person, sadly this also means I am like this when it comes to dieting - I am either really strict or just binge!

    I had my first filling the other week and I was SO terrified but it was absolutely fine and did not hurt at all, so don't worry :)

    Looking forward to receiving my bracelets :)

    Beth - Sans Souci

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love number 6! And your teeth look lovely - straight and white :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving reading these random facts about people! I've never had a filling either and NEVER want to have one!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really empathise with the whole braces/teeth one!

    Rosie
    x

    littlestagg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so nosy I love these kind of posts! And of my gosh french bulldogs are so cute! I've got a 3 month old beagle....I just adore dogs. Did you watch Secret Life of Dogs last night on ITV? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. At the moment I have no fillings but I went to the dentist yesterday and I was told I have to have three! Argh! I'm scared, I'm such a wimp at the dentist! Really enjoyed reading all of these :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! I feel like we're almost twins! :)
    If you enjoy reading, I do a lot of writing on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are so alike! The big teeth, crying when our braces came off, making our boyfriends hide the biscuits, animal lovers, it was kinda like reading about myself. Weird!

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never broken a bone in my body either *touches wood super quickly*. The incident with the knife could have been so much worse! Love how you covered it with a hat.

    Hannah www.cagneyandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great to find out more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never broken a bone or had a filling either *touch wood* I remember hating my teeth when I had my braces took off too! They look so weird when you first have them off, but it's definitely better to have nice straight teeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so No8 - I know everything about everything but can't seem to retain anything actually useful, which is awful for my day job lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Number 16 is me too - I cry at adverts some times and then try and hide it by saying my contact lenses are playing up haha! I do one of these on my blog too if you fancy a read :)

    chelseyxlou.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I am the exact same with the mushrooms (couldn't face a portebello just yet), the celeb info and no broken bones...yet!

    I love these posts, so interesting! x

    Denise
    prettypetitepoppy.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've been told you have big teeth? I don't think you do at all, and having no fillings is great! You have lovely teeth, and a lovely smile! [sorry, might come across as creepy haha, but it's true].
    Love the fact that before you and Jonathan got together you didn't want marriage & kids and now you do :) I'm the exact way! Well actually, I've always wanted kids but wasn't too fussed about getting married but can totally see myself marrying my boyfriend [one day!].
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving these posts at the moment. I think your love story would be a great film hehe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's so funny, I jut cried at all the dogs that need re-homing, so felt better when I read this, that you too cry a lot. I am pet mad too and trying to convince my husband to get a dog. Funnily enough, we like your sister, live on a small island-Jersey. Here is my blog about it..
    Babyorablog.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Blah I so know what you mean about those frilly bits - yuk. I love your dogs they're so cute :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the post, and I love the name Victoria. Oh, and I also met my hubby at work.:)
    http://sabaaphotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I thought that the 2nd one said you were 55!!! I always love knowing a bit more about my fave bloggers xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Victoria, I didn't know you kept a blog! Love it :) Sarah Reid xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Victoria, I didn't know you kept a blog! Love it :) Sarah Reid xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think I may have sent that last comment a few times by accident! Oops. Sorry. xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Loved this post, so nice to get to know you a bit better. You have an amazing smile, I'm very jealous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. THIS IS AWESOME!
    i'm super inspired.
    i think i am going to try and do this myself :)
    xoxo

    www.caitlinannexo.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love you blog, it is so inspiring.
    I was thinking about doing a post on my success story (weight loss) which i touched upon in my first ever post but an still not sure :s

    http://katie-annarose.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/me-me-me-me-meeeeeeeee.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. Loved this post! Can relate to a few of them especially the crying at everything! lol and noone able to place my accent...in the past week i've been Irish and American! x

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love reading these posts! Happy bday for the other day :)
    Carissa xx
    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a lovely post! I quit (Leeds) Uni after 12 weeks and even then that was at an absolute push.. even though I am the only one in my family who dropped out I don't regret it for a second!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love this post, its meaningful and light hearted all at the same time. Your pugs are literally the cutest things in the world! :)

    ReplyDelete